• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Nuviz HUD. Large discount on RevZilla. Get some

I'm not that much of a fan myself, I like the idea but the execution hasn't made it yet.
Looking forward to 2nd/3rd gen stuff though.

It looks very cool, but I don't use GPS on the bike all that often. When I'm riding, I usually know where I'm going.

Absolutely love the concept, but the price is going to come down a good bit be before I'll take that jump.

It looks very cool, but I don't use GPS on the bike all that often. When I'm riding, I usually know where I'm going.

I started out that way. Then, when I finally broke down and got a GPS and learned how to use it... I wondered how I ever lived without it :lol2: I have always been real good about knowing where I am going. I usually spend countless hours pouring over maps and planning routes. After that, I usually have those map images burned into my head pretty good and I can visualize them and see in my mind where I am on those maps, so long as I am near other reference points on the map that I can recognize, like a town, specific intersection, etc... So I wouldn't get lost. However, I really like the ability to see exactly where I am on the map relative to other stuff, like different parts of the route. I like being able to find other stuff on the fly around my route if needed when I am in an unfamiliar area, like food, lodging, gas, etc,... So it is not "mission critical", but it is convenient. I still wander off and explore roads on a whim while out riding. If I find anything exceptionally interesting, I can drop a waypoint marker on the map in a few seconds so that I can easily located it again if desired.

As for the HUD... not yet. To obtrusive still. Like was said above, I'll wait and see how things go with version 2.0, 3.0...

Back