• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NW Arkansas GPS files?

Reaction score
So my friend and I are planning on hitting NW Arkansas near Springdale/Fayetteville in May. I was wondering if anyone had some street only GPS files that I might be able to get a copy of. We will be up there for the weekend so basically just Saturday for riding around with Friday and Sunday spent getting there and back from DFW.

Thanks in advance for any road suggestions and GPS help.

Here is a fun route from Fall 2018 there.

GPX viewer

Since @MacDaddy did that one, it might have some dirt in it though. I can't remember.

Attachments

• MacDaddy.gpx
    5 MB · Views: 232
Paved only or gravel roads as well?

I plan on buying a butler map anyway as a just in case kind of thing.

One of my fav loops. South of Fayetteville runs to Devils Den State Pk... the War Eagle Mill... and the Daisy Air Gun Museum. And I added a couple of my fav dinning spots. Granny's Kitchen in Huntsville. And Sam's Old Tyme Burgers near the Daisy museum in Rogers.

Only 150 miles but if you play tourist it can take a day.

If you have time.... run up and down US 71 between West Fork and Alma as much as you can. Very scenic and curvy.

Also the back roads section between Winslow and Black Oak on Whitehouse Rd and Black Oak Rd on the way to Huntsville are postcard Arkansas scenic.

There are plenty of jumping off spots along the way if you catch yourself running short on time.

Have fun!

SS

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2020 Fayetteville ark.gpx
    311.8 KB · Views: 247
+1 for Granny's in Huntsville, especially for breakfast! :eat:

So my friend and I are planning on hitting NW Arkansas near Springdale/Fayetteville in May. I was wondering if anyone had some street only GPS files that I might be able to get a copy of. We will be up there for the weekend so basically just Saturday for riding around with Friday and Sunday spent getting there and back from DFW.

Thanks in advance for any road suggestions and GPS help.

I'm Donnie Joe and I've been living in and riding in Arkansas for 50 years. If you need more info send me an email. (donniejoe@gmail.com)

On Sunday morning, plug Oark into your GPS. (not oZark, leave out the Z) When you get there have either a big breakfast or a big cheeseburger and home made pie. This will get you some very scenic creekside views and the best part of the Pig Trail. The Pig Trail has been resurfaced since last summer! From there, plug Mt. Nebo State Park into your GPS. Ride south to Clarksville, then on to Dardanelle and hang on. You'll climb 1,300 feet in 2 miles and 33 curves. These are the meanest hairpin curves in the state. Enjoy the view from the top, then take Arkansas Highway 7 south from Dardanelle to Hot Springs and on to I 30 towards home.
This is a photo of the door at the Oark Cafe. You should recognize some of these guys. (tie dye for one)

IMG_5280.JPG

I planned on getting one, but currently my trip is postponed as I currently have a broken collar bone. That and the virus craziness going around. Once all that is done, I will try to make my trip.

Get yourself a Butler map of the Ozarks.
All of the "must ride" roads are highlighted.

And there are lots!

This route is pretty heavy on waypoints, so you might need to delete some to make it load correctly. I did it that way originally to get my CoPilot app to route the way I wanted, but I think Garmin devices have trouble with this many points.

This route hits MO125, Peel Ferry, Push Mountain Rd, and The Pigtrail.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• NW_Ark_Loop_4___350mi.gpx
    588.3 KB · Views: 217
Back