• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NW Arkansas October 2012

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
I was up in NW Arkansas from 10/17 to 10/21. I rode up to Talimena Scenic ride, then up to Magazine Mountain and onto Morrilton for the night. Wednesday was OK riding, but it was really foggy up on the mountains and I didn't get to see much.

Met up with my buddy from Greenbiar on Thursday morning. We went up to the top of Petit Jean, and then the back route to Russelville. We hit I40 just to get over to Clarksville. We then zipped across to 23 and took the Pig Trail up to 16, and then 16 back east, before dropping back down to his place for the night on Thursday.

Friday morning we zipped up to Clinton and then took 16 over to 123. Took that north and meandered our way to Yellville for lunch, and then took 14 south to Mountain View where we met the other Concours Owners group guys.

Saturday We took 9 over to Melbourne, then went north to Salem, over to Viola, 223 down to Calico Rock, 5 up to Norvolk, down Push Mountain Road, 14 over and 27 to Marshall, lunch, then back to Mountain View.

Sunday was just 9 and 16 to Clinton, 65 to Conway, and then the long boring ride home.

I didn't get any good "riding" pics, just stills from my iphone when stopped now and then. Here are a few of the better ones. Feel free to look at my FTP if you want to see these. 640x480 pics, with the sub folder "large" being the same pics but far larger images.

http://home.armourarchive.org/members/morgan/connie/Arkansas 2012/

Connies%203.jpg

Petit%20Jean%203.jpg

Push%20Mountain%202.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it is a COG sponsored event.

I put a link to all the photos I have. I don't like to put them all in the thread, some people's compuetrs don't load fast.

Back