• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NW Arkansas

Reaction score
I am originally from Northeast Arkansas, but we moved to Central TX when I was 11, nearly 40 years ago. My family have driven back through Arkansas a few times, visited my hometown a half dozen times or less over the four decades, and seen most of the northern half of the state as we passed through a couple of times. Last weekend my wife and I went to Fayetteville for to see a concert, and we had a Saturday to spend there. No motorcycles, but it really did make me want to go back and see it all from two wheels.

We were staying in Rogers, and we did a terrific hike in Hobbs State Park to kick off the day. The roads through that park look like they are made for a motorcycle, including Hwy 12. 55mph max 2-lane groomed tarmac through rolling hills and easy curves with spectacular views. We stopped for lunch in Eureka Springs, and did a very brief driving tour of the town, some recon for the upcoming "Scootin' The Ozarks" scooter rally that we are considering attending. Eureka Springs and the surrounding area look like a perfect place for some scooter miles.

I am sure many of you ride in NWA often, and I might now consider trailering the scooters up there for some riding one of these days, probably for the STO rally in September. I'm sure a good motorcycle route could also be put together from about Hot Springs up towards Fayetteville and maybe even into Missouri and back.

Yeah, up around Branson there is some primo twisty asphalt. Just got back from the Oark/Tyler Bend area doing some awesome dual sport riding.

I always took a one week hiatus in NW AR/SW MO during fall colors. My opinion, some of the best riding in the lower 48. :rider:

For sure, Arkansas is great riding. I like the ride from Hot Springs to Harrison on scenic 7. Great weekender from East Tx.

Ft. Smith is my new base of operations for touring the Ozarks and MO. Use to be Hot Springs. They are both an easy day ride from Austin.

Back