• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NW Houston 2018 Bike Nights

I was thinking of going to the El Pollo Loco on Hwy 6 just barely south of West Rd (near Carl's) However... Skid won't make it, Rob78 I think is busy, and Bagwell I never know until like 6pm Tuesday. Heck, maybe instead we should just go to the Taco Cabana by my house at BW8 and West and sit outside! That's like only a mile drive for both me and Soldaten!

After some offline discussion and considering the 2 of us that I know will come out this week are near this spot, we're going a little off track from our normal areas. They have outside seating (picnic tables) and I'll try to bring a helmet so we LOOK like riders even though I'll probably drive!

:rider: 11/6 - The Backyard Grill:rider:
9453 Jones Rd
Houston, TX 77065
https://www.thebackyardgrill.com/
SW section of Jones and West Rd intersection behind the Autozone

7:00 PMish - 9:00 PMish

EVERYONE IS WELCOME

The meet is open to all newbies, old farts, sportbikes, cruisers, scooters, cagers, friends and family .....everyone. Come hang out, have dinner, meet fellow TWTexans, check out the bikes and chat. Talk trackdays, touring, racing, dirtbiking, safety and what not. Don't be shy, post up if you plan on coming.
:storm: or
sun2.gif

h054.gif
or RIDE

I was going to head there tonight to meet up, but I have to meet up with someone around 7:45. I should be there next week though. I dont think I have ever been to the Backyard Grill before.

It's been a few years since we did a bike night there. It was ok for 6 of us. I think much bigger and it would have gotten slow. It's not really our typical area but we can go back again. Some other places we haven't been in a few months are Goode Co, K&S, BW3, and Mod Pizza. And I still wanted to go hit Torchy's Tacos one day.

Most of the regulars can't make it this week so I'm not posting anything up for 11/13. I'll still be up for meeting next week which is Thanksgiving week if others are available and want to get out.

:rider: 11/13 - NO MEETING:rider:

We're gonna skip again this week. Everybody have a good Thanksgiving and we'll meet up the week after for something as far from typical turkey day fare as possible. Maybe Mexican or Pizza.

:rider: 11/20 - NO MEETING:rider:

We're gonna skip again this week. Everybody have a good Thanksgiving and we'll meet up the week after for something as far from typical turkey day fare as possible. Maybe Mexican or Pizza.

:rider: 11/20 - NO MEETING:rider:
I didn't think this out well enough since I ended up being the one at my house that had to cook dinner tonight! :mrgreen:

Soldaten has mentioned Tio Chucho Dos a couple of times so I guess we'll give in and go visit them this week. :mrgreen: I've been there and liked it. Then maybe the next round we'll head farther out 290.

It's all indoors with table service so post up if you're coming so we'll get a table big enough and keep an eye out for any stragglers.

THIS IS IN JERSEY VILLAGE SO WATCH YOUR SPEED ON WEST ROAD. i THINK THE POSTED SPEED IS 35.

:rider: 11/27 Tio Chucho Dos:rider:
11426 West Rd
Houston, TX 77065
Coming from 290 you'll need to pass the restuarant on your left and u-turn at the light at Steeple Way Blvd
https://www.allmenus.com/tx/houston/47169-tio-chucho-mexican-restaurant/menu/

EVERYONE IS WELCOME

The meet is open to all newbies, old farts, sportbikes, cruisers, scooters, cagers, friends and family .....everyone. Come hang out, have dinner, meet fellow TWTexans, check out the bikes and chat. Talk trackdays, touring, racing, dirtbiking, safety and what not. Don't be shy, post up if you plan on coming.
sun2.gif

h054.gif
or RIDE

I'll try to get there about 15 minutes early. I think it'll just be Cale with me.

Well, I was gonna come out and meet up but someone cooked at home. Guess they didnt get the memo. Have a piece of pie for me. :)

Well, I was gonna come out and meet up but someone cooked at home. Guess they didnt get the memo. Have a piece of pie for me. :)

We didn't check to see if they had pie or flan. :)

Next week 12/4 I'm thinking Goode Co, K&S seafood, or MOD Pizza

Maybe they'll run the heaters if it's chilly.

:rider: 12/4 - Goode Co.:rider:
20102 Northwest Fwy.
Houston, TX 77065
290 just NW of 1960

EVERYONE IS WELCOME

The meet is open to all newbies, old farts, sportbikes, cruisers, scooters, cagers, friends and family .....everyone. Come hang out, have dinner, meet fellow TWTexans, check out the bikes and chat. Talk trackdays, touring, racing, dirtbiking, safety and whatnot. Don't be shy, post up if you plan on coming
sun2.gif

h054.gif
or "DRIVE"​

Last edited by a moderator:
No meeting unless Bagwell wants to set something up. At least 3 regulars are going to be busy with other stuff.

:rider: 12/11 - NO MEETING:rider:

JONES ROAD location in Jersey Village

:rider: 12/18 - Willies Grill & Ice House:rider:
17492 Northwest Fwy
Houston TX 77040

EVERYONE IS WELCOME

sun2.gif

h054.gif
or RIDE

Last edited:
No meeting this Tuesday, December 25, Christmas day.

Next week's Tuesday is January 1 so we may make a change just for that week and meet up that Wednesday night 1/2/19.

I'll start a new thread for 2019 as well. I'll post up a link to it in this one after it's created next week.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!

Are you going to start a new thread for 2019?

If so, after you create the thread, open it to view your post and then look in the upper right corner of the post near where it says "Watch". To the right of that is a few dots and a drop down arrow. Click on that and look for the Calendar Menu option. You can then add your bike night as a weekly recurring event and it will link back to the first post in your thread. So make that first post more of an introduction post rather than a week specific location post.

Are you going to start a new thread for 2019?

If so, after you create the thread, open it to view your post and then look in the upper right corner of the post near where it says "Watch". To the right of that is a few dots and a drop down arrow. Click on that and look for the Calendar Menu option. You can then add your bike night as a weekly recurring event and it will link back to the first post in your thread. So make that first post more of an introduction post rather than a week specific location post.

Thanks for the heads up Scott. I'll do that when I create the new thread this weekend. Happy New Year!

Wow, what an exciting 2018 we had. We met for a meal most Tuesday evenings, seemed to mostly drive cars there, and didn't do much riding together unless it was at a race track or on a Grom (often at a race track). Still, we enjoyed the company so let's keep it going! Here's the places we met at in 2018 along with the last time went there.

K&S Seafood - 1/2
The Shack - 3/20 (closed and became Creekwood Grill)
Chipotle - 4/24
El Pollo Loco - 7/31
BW3 290 - 8/14 - last time at Hwy 6 location was 5/2/18
MOD Pizza (290) - 8/21
Chavez Mexican Cafe - 8/28
Plucker's - 9/4
Creekwood Grill - 9/18
Newk's - 9/25
La Hacienda - 10/2
Locatelli's - 10/9
Harris County Smokehouse - 10/16
Pho & More Restaurant - 10/23
Backyard Grill - 11/6
Tio Chucho Dos - 11/27
Goode Co - 12/4
Willie's - 12/18

2018 ends on Monday, so it's time to start a new thread. The first Tuesday in 2019 is January 1, so I think we'll start off the year with an unusual Wednesday night meeting then shift back to our regular Tuesdays.
Here's a link to the new 2019 thread:
https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/nw-houston-2019-tuesday-bike-nights.119336/

Back