• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

OAT

Reaction score
Rode the lower part of trail today. From us75 to Hugo. The worst part of ride was back home through Greenville.
The roads in Ok were in great shape, except I got be hind grader so it was very soft sand for bit.
few snakes, roadrunners, and as always jackass dogs!!!!!!!

I rode from Hugo up to the TAT back in March. Gets fairly interesting around Smithville, over the K-Trail and up through Heavener. Make sure you stop at MaaMaw B's Kitchen in Heavener if you ever get that far along.

Next trip I’ll be taking some camp stuff with me. Little nervous about doing k trail alone, just have to be little more cautious.

I rode from Hugo up to the TAT back in March. Gets fairly interesting around Smithville, over the K-Trail and up through Heavener. Make sure you stop at MaaMaw B's Kitchen in Heavener if you ever get that far along.
Is this the same route you took from Hugo? Found this file on advrider. I am exploring starting at Hugo and ending somewhere North East OK for a Thanksgiving trip if weather holds.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• OAT CCW 2021.gpx
    245.1 KB · Views: 168
Is this the same route you took from Hugo? Found this file on advrider. I am exploring starting at Hugo and ending somewhere North East OK for a Thanksgiving trip if weather holds.

GPX viewer
Yes. That looks like a great copy of the OAT. Lots and lots of camping/gas/food info. I rode it after a horrendous rain storm / tornado event. Road was pretty good even then. Some sketchy water crossings, but shouldn't be an issue during normal weather.

Yes. That looks like a great copy of the OAT. Lots and lots of camping/gas/food info. I rode it after a horrendous rain storm / tornado event. Road was pretty good even then. Some sketchy water crossings, but shouldn't be an issue during normal weather.
What bike did you ride it on? My options are KLR, DRZ400, CRF250L and curious to hear your opinion. I would like to do some camping but I carry light.

Any of those bikes will do. It's pretty wide open, so I did it on my Africa Twin. I've also explored around the Smithville area on my FE501. The only 'technical stuff' I can think of is the K-Trail area. It's just really rough. And you can skip it.

I would love to get up into the mountains for few days to ride and camp

Back