• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SAN ANTONIO: Oct 5-6 Three Sisters Over Nighter Anyone?

Merk

Reaction score
Since the weather is finely cooling down and I need a good stress relief ride and a night under the stars between motorcycling is one sure way to reduce it (the riding will help too).:rider:

So this Saturday morning (Oct 5) at 0830 a.m. I will be at the gas station/McDonald's located at I-10 and Ralph Fair Rd, North West San Antonio if anyone would like to join in. I plan to take some roads south of Kerrville'ish down around Medina, and Utopia on Saturday. I am going to camp some where around Garner State park but you don't have to, you can bail and we can find you a route back. Sunday I will hit the Three Sisters and head back after that. The weather is looking decent for this weekend. Any takers post up and let me know.

You will need camping gear if riding both days (or hotel it if you can't hang)but can leave the kitchen sink at home. This will be pretty much all street so all bike types are welcome. It will also be a mild ride unless we get wild hairs up our, well you know.

If I forgot something or need more information let me know.

We have the same idea, just on different dates. lol

The Mrs and I will be taking our first motorcycle camping trip and staying at Garner SP on the 26th & 27th.

The plan is to ride the 3 Sisters at a relaxed pace since it's our first trip on them as well and to take a side trip to Lost Maples SP and hopefully get to see some foliage changing colors.

Any suggestions or advice you have on bike camping or the 3 Sisters is welcome.

Hope you have a great trip. :rider:

Well, due to the BUFFOONERY:angryfire in :thumbd:Washington:thumbd: and being a government worker who has to work with no idea of when they are going to pay me I must save every dime until it is squared away so I have to postpone this ride for now. Sorry :(

TX_F2 I might see ya there (Garner State Park) that weekend since I can't make Roll the Bones 4 this year but will want to ride..

We have the same idea, just on different dates. lol

The Mrs and I will be taking our first motorcycle camping trip and staying at Garner SP on the 26th & 27th.

The plan is to ride the 3 Sisters at a relaxed pace since it's our first trip on them as well and to take a side trip to Lost Maples SP and hopefully get to see some foliage changing colors.

Any suggestions or advice you have on bike camping or the 3 Sisters is welcome.

Hope you have a great trip. :rider:

Sorry to hear that you were affected by the government shutdown, but you should sleep well at night knowing that ALL of the Senators and Representatives passed a Bill into law years ago that guarantee's they get paid during any government shutdowns.................... presumably so that they can continue to help the American people. :doh: :miffed: :shrug: :rolleyes:

We reserved a tent site in the Old Garner area, so if you see the yellow VFR stop on by. :thumb:

camped in lukenbach this past week(oct 18th -20th) then camped in Kerrville Schreiner city park (20th-24th) got down to 37 and 40s at night. nice park on 173 just south of Kerrville anyway, it got cold. the cabins are 56 bucks per night with heat and aircond.
heat being the key word.

Back