• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

October 2008: East Texas Dual Sport Ride

Too bad. He told me where he teaches as an MSF instructor. My brother needs to take a ERC to get rid of a ticket.

I'm pretty sure his father is a member here, though. PM one of the LTR's and they can get you hooked up.

Scott, if you save them as .gpx files then those that don't have Mapsource can open them in Google Earth. And the Mapsource users can still use them. Just do a File, Save As, then in the pull down under the file name, select GPX.

I'll add them back now, but for future reference, gpx is an exchange format that many programs can read and right.

Thanks Rusty!

Scott, I was able to open them in MapSource, just change the file type from .gbd to .gpx. The route we took was the one Thumper posted, I don't think any change is required.

I don't think any change is required.

One exception, where we took a break. Remember the guy's house and his truck parked in the middle of the road. I need to convert this to .gdb so I can waypoint that spot as a hazardous area [ no more breaks there!]:lol2: I could of sworn I heard banjo music amongst the howling of his hounds!:rofl:

100_2855.jpg

Hey Bill, I just noticed this. This is that "spot" on the 96 bypass. The guy's house is back in the woods to my left. Not much of a road.:trust: Wished I would've taken some pics.:doh:

Scott never post and his dad is in Terl. for a few days.Not sure but he will probably be back next week.

We did not go; I'm at home.

PMed Dirtrideroader with the phone # & told the Austin zoo Scott to check this thread this am.

Tim (thumper),
Great job putting this ride together, I had a great time.

Hope to see all of you in Study Butte next month. :rider:

Hey Bill, I just noticed this. This is that "spot" on the 96 bypass. The guy's house is back in the woods to my left. Not much of a road.:trust: Wished I would've taken some pics.:doh:

Is that Lurker Darrin I see there second from the left in that shot...? :ponder:

Whhhaaa?
Scott Hardy Here. Present.

Great ride y'all!
Even better when it's not cold n muddy.

What a great weekend! I had a fantastic time, and my quadriceps have almost healed... :rider:

Was great to ride with some old friends and some new friends.

Thanks to Rich and Ed giving me some pointers on Saturday morning, I made it through the weekend with only one little mishap in some sand. But I haven't seen a pic, so maybe it didn't really happen after all.

Didn't get many pics, but here's a few:

393090030_5hopH-M.jpg

393090115_d8FrG-M.jpg

393090144_EuPee-M.jpg

393090170_kFn7N-M.jpg

393088861_Xd5Bz-M.jpg

393089006_d38Az-M.jpg

393089308_qc55J-M.jpg

393089370_F7deS-M.jpg

393089437_ERcY5-M.jpg

393089764_59v3P-M.jpg

393089888_fcaZs-M.jpg

393089964_tFcaJ-M.jpg

Great weekend, great weather, great company. My thanks to Thumper(Tim) for heading-up this ride and to anyone else that I may be overlooking. It was nice to meet everyone.
Day 2 was, to me better than Day 1. More dirt, less pavement, sand being the exception. Glad there's no proof!
Gambler, nice to meet and ride with you from Harbor Light to Moscow on Sat and the rest of the day.
James from Waco(?) DFW(?) thanks for hanging with me on 9 Mile.
Squeaky..thanks for the duct tape for my boot. You saved my sole.:rider:
Darrin...thanks for all the 950 advice and the helping hand in the sand.
Joe Z..good to see you again.
Till next time.

Can't wait to get to a non-restricted computer so I can look at all the pics and videos. :mrgreen: I am so envious!

Everybody I introduced myself to on Saturday afternoon at Harborlite said, "Oh, your the guy with the bridge!"

Can't wait to get to a non-restricted computer so I can look at all the pics and videos. :mrgreen: I am so envious!

Everybody I introduced myself to on Saturday afternoon at Harborlite said, "Oh, your the guy with the bridge!"

I stopped on your bridge on Sunday afternoon to sightsee... Seemed like a nice little spot, as long as you're not falling off the bridge, it was quite a drop. :eek2: There were some wildflowers on the streambank, but then Squeaky shouted at me to go, so I didn't get any pics. :lol2:

I stopped on your bridge on Sunday afternoon to sightsee... Seemed like a nice little spot, as long as you're not falling off the bridge, it was quite a drop. :eek2: There were some wildflowers on the streambank, but then Squeaky shouted at me to go, so I didn't get any pics. :lol2:

I was right behind you and I don't really like being on bridges without rails. :eek2:
I thought you were doing it to me on purpose :lol2:

PMed Dirtrideroader with the phone # & told the Austin zoo Scott to check this thread this am.

I got your message. I have been out of town for a wedding. Just got back and need to check myself into the a local "Betty Ford" clinic to dry out...

I sent Scott a PM and forwarded the number to my brother.
He is the one in need of a MSF course to remove a ticket.

I am the one in need of dirt riding skills.

Last edited:
Back