• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

October Gatesville M@G/Bobs camp-out reports go here.

Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
Howdy folks and thanks for the surprise party and making the first ever M@G a success. A special thanks to my beautiful wife and Carl the Wise for the celebration. Thanks for the card and company. Another rainy camp but no rain during the ride. Mother nature again made the skies open up and flood our camp site. Had a nice time visiting and had a good safe ride there and back. For dinner we had ribs,brauts,hot dogs,bbq chips,corn,beans,cobbler,hostess products,and a heaping helping of good company.

Please post up your pictures for lunch and camp if you got them.

Next months ride is just around the corner. Will post up a sign in for that in a few weeks. Remember every 2ND Sunday of every month.

Hope the weather is better for you folks next time. We had nice camp and wonderful food and home-made dessert. Thanks to everybody that made this possible and came by to visit. KP
100_0499-001_zps78f2a536.jpg

100_0505-001_zps95facea3.jpg

100_0504-001_zps6a13fad5.jpg

100_0501-001_zps243fc2f1.jpg

100_0500-002_zps67185749.jpg

100_0508-001_zps9a48565a.jpg

100_0518-001_zps17a6ae41.jpg

100_0513-001_zps849fe40c.jpg

100_0514-001_zps0f506542.jpg

100_0515-001_zps930eeb9e.jpg

100_0519-001_zps99f0f7f7.jpg

100_0521-001_zps58b78910.jpg

100_0522-001_zps6cbd0838.jpg

100_0524-001_zps8d732bf2.jpg

100_0526-001_zps0376af5d.jpg

100_0528-001_zps73f8a0dd.jpg

100_0529-001_zps0de53458.jpg

100_0531-001_zps2937c1ac.jpg

Last edited:
Close up of the wonderful surprise birthday cake my wife picked up for the celebration. KP
100_0523-002_zpsd9b90ac3.jpg

Want to shorten your swing arm. I found a place that can do it.
DSC02889_zps987908af.jpg

Hunter
DSC02890_zps14ac846a.jpg

DSC02891_zpse16f9f5b.jpg

DSC02894_zps903f885c.jpg

DSC02895_zpsa723939e.jpg

DSC02896_zpsa0980056.jpg

DSC02898_zps998867a7.jpg

Did someone say lunch.
DSC02899_zps6f1b95da.jpg

DSC02908_zps6b00e43e.jpg

DSC02909_zpscc0e3eb3.jpg

BIRTHDAY BOY
DSC02910_zpsaa13b520.jpg

DSC02911_zps333ff31c.jpg

DSC02912_zps7912c740.jpg

The Drive In on my way home.
DSC02913_zpsecaae1ae.jpg

I had a fantastic time.
Thanks so much Bob and Drew for organizing this.
I made it home to Houston without a drop of rain, and somehow dodged the thunder boomers.
The food, cobbler, The Apple Pie and True Blue were unbelievable.
Oh and who brought that owl, he kept me up all night.

great weekend, in spite of the weather & the owls

happy birthday & many thanks to K-P for organizing

hope all made it home w/o incident

get your stuff hung in a dry place, so it can be ready for our next adventure

sw

it was requested that i post the recipe for APPLE PIE

so... here 'tiz

APPLE PIE RECIPE

A full batch renders 9qts (+/-) of a delightful camp beverage

Ingredients:

2 gal apple juice
1/4 cup cloves (McCormick’s – .62oz/17g) & whole allspice (McCormick’s - .75oz/21g)combined +/-
1 small handful of cinnamon sticks (McCormick’s – .75oz/21g)
1 cup brown sugar or 1# orange honey
1 qt dark rum(80 proof, as stronger proofs changes the flavor)
1 3/4 cup everclear

Steps:

Bring juice, allspice, cloves and cinnamon (the spices can be combined and tied up in a cheese cloth pouch) to hard boil for 15 minutes.
Strain or if you have placed all the spices in a cheese cloth pouch, remove the spice pouch
Bring back to boil and add sweetener.
Boil hard.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Add alcohol.
Pour up into your favorite old crock jugs and/or antique whiskey bottles.

Place on the tailboard of your chuck wagon, to be shared with camp visitors.

The whole process takes about an hour to reach the cooling point.

You will need a 12 qt pot, a large dipper, a funnel, a long wooden spoon, a wire strainer and mitts (the steam can ruin your PC vocabulary skills).

The above measurements are approximate and subject to your own taste.

Forgot one of the specialties. Here is the grub you missed due to mother nature.
100_0520-001_zps656e7278.jpg

Hunter the begger

100_0512-001_zps02c7f97d.jpg

More park pics
100_0511-001_zpsc1ffe1a9.jpg

100_0503-001_zps6105a223.jpg

Thanx for postin all the great pics folks... Drew's surprise party Sunday was ..albeit..not as large as anticipated. What with the weather..(or NOT!)

I'm shamed by my 4 wheeledness today. But after last night's storm blast a la Strom gettin home....(see the other threads) can ya blame me for bein skittish bout a 70% chance forecast at lunchtime.

Misery loves company.... so I brought a friend too. My weather observations apparently..are not dependable.... Right Tom?

Visitin the campout Friday & Saturday evenins was also a hoot... or maybe that was later !huh Dan? Steve's apple pie sure was a smoothie.... The Belknap Cobbler too! & those tasty boneless pork ribs!!! those were the B!O!B (enough so that I got the pork tips at Feed Mill today!!)

Again....Wish I'da brought my camera ...but ya'll picked up the slack for me.

Any good tips to get everclear out of carpet? Lol had a full bottle thermal shock explode in my trunk of my car on the way down.

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

Any good tips to get everclear out of carpet? Lol had a full bottle thermal shock explode in my trunk of my car on the way down.

That may have to go to a detail shop to be extracted. For just the trunk area they should not charge you much.

entire carpet set will have to be removed & washed, forcefully...

prolly take power washing @ the quarter car wash

then the metal surfaces will need similar treatment

OR...

just back it down the boat ramp & slosh it back n forth for an hour or six:rofl:

all kidding aside...my hat's off to you for having the glass contained in a box!

it, obviously, takes one who must have had to clean up a broken glass mess, in the past, to recognize the importance of that :rofl::rofl::rofl:

it doesn't take the MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK to recognize the wisdom of loading up & trailering to the cafe, if you had to turn south, after lunch

w/ such comfort food in our bellies, it would have been quite challenging to ride south into/thru that rain storm

for those of you who did ride south, MY HAT'S OFF TO YOU for getting home, unscathed

for those of you who rode north, YOU LUCKED OUT

those of us who caged were penalized by having to ride in fully protected/dry environments, all the way home

again, great weekend & even better SUNDAY LUNCH

sw

it doesn't take the MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK to recognize the wisdom of loading up & trailering to the cafe, if you had to turn south, after lunch

w/ such comfort food in our bellies, it would have been quite challenging to ride south into/thru that rain storm

for those of you who did ride south, MY HAT'S OFF TO YOU for getting home, unscathed

for those of you who rode north, YOU LUCKED OUT

those of us who caged were penalized by having to ride in fully protected/dry environments, all the way home

again, great weekend & even better SUNDAY LUNCH

sw

Made it home down FM116 and 580 with not one drop of rain. 580 was a blast like normal with plenty of nice curves for motorcycles. They are still working on it but no workers present on Sunday. Carl the Wise rode with me and hung at the house a couple hours visiting before heading home. Good food and good people,what more can you ask for? Nice talking with you Steve loved the tepee. KP

I didn't know Rod owns such subdued shirts......

LIGHTNIN ROD ..... see below

I think he wore that one in honor of the rain.:lol2:

Posted by me Saturday night:
Well... I hit the BIG one while headed home from Neff tonite. Got within a mile & a half of McGregor when the bottom fell out.... Got a pretty good up close look at TWO! gates by riding straight into the corners....(couldn't even see the road turning) Did I mention the LIGHTNING!!!!.... oh... well... IT WAS LIGHTNING!!!! all round.... intensely

After that... & being pretty much soaked. I waited it out in the CEFCO in McGregor. Finally put the rainsuit on for the sprinkle on the rest of the way home! !DOH!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The colors of my Tye Dye shirt were all fused together by the static electricity Saturday night.... hence multicolored lightnin bolts.
simple as that

it was requested that i post the recipe for APPLE PIE

so... here 'tiz

APPLE PIE RECIPE

A full batch renders 9qts (+/-) of a delightful camp beverage

Ingredients:

2 gal apple juice
1/4 cup cloves (McCormick’s – .62oz/17g) & whole allspice (McCormick’s - .75oz/21g)combined +/-
1 small handful of cinnamon sticks (McCormick’s – .75oz/21g)
1 cup brown sugar or 1# orange honey
1 qt dark rum(80 proof, as stronger proofs changes the flavor)
1 3/4 cup everclear

Steps:

Bring juice, allspice, cloves and cinnamon (the spices can be combined and tied up in a cheese cloth pouch) to hard boil for 15 minutes.
Strain or if you have placed all the spices in a cheese cloth pouch, remove the spice pouch
Bring back to boil and add sweetener.
Boil hard.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Add alcohol.
Pour up into your favorite old crock jugs and/or antique whiskey bottles.

Place on the tailboard of your chuck wagon, to be shared with camp visitors.

The whole process takes about an hour to reach the cooling point.

You will need a 12 qt pot, a large dipper, a funnel, a long wooden spoon, a wire strainer and mitts (the steam can ruin your PC vocabulary skills).

The above measurements are approximate and subject to your own taste.
Wife is rounding up the supplies right now..I plan to have some of this made very soon:trust:Thank you for sharing;-)

Hey! There was a sleeveless shirt left at the campsite that had lettering with a message about looking at things from another perspective.

Let me know if this is yours. Else it will end up as a shop rag.

Back