• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: October meet and greet and eat

I wish Golinda Country Store was open on Sundays... Their CFS /fingers are some of the best in the area....rivaling Oscar Store for sure.
...&...theyre jus finishin up an expansion for even more seating

Schoebel's in Columbus is a good spot and central to Austin and Houston, Larry's Original (Mexican) in Richmond is great authentic Mexican food and a little more favorable to the Houston crowd. Kloesel's Steakhouse in Moulton is a nice historic location and Darlin's Dinner in Flatonia has great breakfast and coffee and is favorable to the biker crowd.

A quik stop this aftrnoon at Golinda Country Store ....for a burger

I usually get the steak fingers....but a burger was all I needed

EDIT....steak fingers are the best...&..I found out after...that a kids 2pc basket is avail!....besides the 4 & 6pc adult

Attachments

• 20211026_162006.jpg
    20211026_162006.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I Want to thank all who join in. Sorry that I was not able time wise to meet everyone. Had over 30 folks show up. Want to thank Carl for the back road ride to Windmills for glamping. Clay AKA windmill for the tasty grilled sausage dinner, home made dessert, and breakfast tacos in the morning.:bbq: Clay went above and beyond the call of duty. Enjoyed visiting with his wife and two dogs. Also thanks Carl for the return ride off the beaten path.

Thanks for all the suggestions.:chug: Keep 'em coming. I will look into them. Please note that Sundays are my normal only day off at this time from work.:headbang: So places must be open on Sundays.

Last edited:
Drove by Sissy's Saddle Shop today close to Cameron. We had a pie run there on Sunday years ago. I remember it was good. Well... it looked grown up and borded up and closed. Another goodin closed.
The sign on the front door was still there. No smoking and no cussin.

Drove by Sissy's Saddle Shop today close to Cameron. We had a pie run there on Sunday years ago. I remember it was good. Well... it looked grown up and borded up and closed. Another goodin closed.
The sign on the front door was still there. No smoking and no cussin.
Last time I spoke with her she said that she was only doing catering.

A quik stop this aftrnoon at Golinda Country Store ....for a burger

I usually get the steak fingers....but a burger was all I needed

EDIT....steak fingers are the best...&..I found out after...that a kids 2pc basket is avail!....besides the 4 & 6pc adult
Looks promising.......might have to make a M@G during the week......let me see what I can do.

Jus left Oscar Store bout half hr ago....bizzy....CFS was still good ...$12.95 w 2 sideso
but $1+ bakd tater & $1+ salad was unxpectd.....

I'll let ya in on a secret....
(Golinda Country Store CFS is bettr)

Sounds like we need a RTE CFS judging day. Meet at one place for lunch, ride 400 miles to make us starving hungry and ready to try the next place.

Sounds like we need a RTE CFS judging day. Meet at one place for lunch, ride 400 miles to make us starving hungry and ready to try the next place.
Humm good idea. Dinner Saturday evening before a camp out, then lunch Sunday.

iPerhaps a plan of this magnificence should begin at Diana’s Grille in Alvin, where they serve chicken fried steak for BREAKFAST
Most likely next year. But will check next months weather incase December might work. I would want to camp the night before. I work 6 days a week so we will see. I like CFS at breakfast. Crazy Gals near me is where I normally go for it.

Most likely next year. But will check next months weather incase December might work. I would want to camp the night before. I work 6 days a week so we will see. I like CFS at breakfast. Crazy Gals near me is where I normally go for it.
Oh dang, so now we gotta do a “best breakfast CFS” RTE!

Somebodies gotta do it. It pretty darn good. Lulu's in San Antonio has a really excellent breakfast chicken fry also and 5 pound cinnamon roll.

Well they did, it closed down back in the spring. The Cinnamon Roll wasn't anything special but it was huge haha. I ate there a few times while stationed at Fort Sam.

Back