• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Ok! Back on! Slacker Thursday valentines lunch meetup BACK ON

Reaction score
Back on.

That’s February 14 for all you unromantic folks.

Noon at HorneyToad, Cranfills Gap

Meetup at Bluff Dale Valero at 10:15, KSU 10:30 or just meet at the Gap.

Last edited:
Dr appointment that morning.
Can't make the ride down.
But I can probably make it for lunch.

Sounds like fun, maybe my first DR-Z outing. I can't miss a potentially warm slacker ride. Solid maybe.

Not the first person mentioning the wind. I kind of don't mind, 20 mph seems ok lately.

Wanna go but gotta stay home and defend some incoming packages against the porch pirates.
The Brown Santa is coming by.

SS

I'm a wimp, way to windy for me.
Is it the time of year or does Dallas just suck?

I'm a wimp, way to windy for me.
Is it the time of year or does Dallas just suck?

Yep, Dallas sucks [emoji23] however we do have about 10 windless days, outside of July and August when the air sits still at 100

There are solutions for all bikes to calm the air in the cockpit.

All you slackers that didn’t show up missed a great ride! Thanks for putting this together Mary! Susan and I got to meet some new folks and had a romantic valentines lunch at the Horny Toad bar and grill. It doesn’t get any better than that.

Made it to home safely at 4:00 after an eventful 396 mile day. Thanks duchess for leading our merry band of riders.

Was asking Mary about the location of a ride that featured a restaurant built in a converted silo. Looked it up and it was the Feed Mill in Gatesville back in mid December. Rode my little orange Versys to that one.

Had a blast, great ride as always. Lots of good story telling at lunch. I didn't deafen too many with my DR-Z. I did wring her little neck ALL the way home from the toad. I got 32 mpg on the way down. Probably much worse on the return trip. Had more fun than we deserve. Love that Farm road from Iredell to Cranfills Gap.

Back