• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ok, incorporated Feedback now Round 2 of What, pray tell, is Wrong With My For Sale Ad?

Good news!!
I've been stressing out on getting the KTM listed somewhere, when the kid next door asked if I still had it and was it for sale.
Yes and yes! He wants something to turn into a super moto. I made him a deal he can't refuse.
If he actually hands me the cash, I'll faint dead away!

I've been trying to sell a cherry K1200RS and you'd think I was hucking leprosy. I really don't believe most folks actively shop used bikes more than a year or two old. Probably why there are so many motorcycle museums around - if you can't sell them you have to do something with them all. OTOH if I parked it at an event with a for sale sign on it I'd probably have multiple offers.
There are just SO MANY good motorcycles for sale out there. It's difficult to stand out in the classifieds whether it's Craigslist or even a model specific forum.

I’m thinking about doing something about my Versys ad. Price might be too much for a starter bike, however equipped it may be. Might need to part some stuff to make it cheaper.

Folks don't like to pay for farkles. The guy that bought my FZ1 paid $200 extra for my farkles I had removed.

Farkles are made up of a bunch of stuff that meets mostly very personal needs, wants and desires.
Seats, bars, grips, tanks, racks, luggage, peg location, ride height ... all different strokes for different folks.

Hard to recoup the investment in such personalized modifications.

Best I can tell, market for any motorcycle in TX is poor. I am amazed the two bikes I am trying to help my nephews sell have no nibbles.
We may end up selling them at auction, or donating somewhere? Maybe leave side of road at night in San Antonio with engines running and keys?

Hard to recoup the investment in such personalized modifications.

You know better brakes, upgraded suspension, better horsepower, correcting electrical issues, improving the seat are not really "personalized modifications", Most every change to the thing is to make it go faster, stop harder or turn better. So I guess they really aren't farkles like fork braces on a Strom....just saying.

You know better brakes, upgraded suspension, better horsepower, correcting electrical issues, improving the seat are not really "personalized modifications", Most every change to the thing is to make it go faster, stop harder or turn better. So I guess they really aren't farkles like fork braces on a Strom....just saying.

Better brakes, suspension changes, more HP, seat are most definitely personalized. Not everyone can ride like you, nor built like me and are perfectly happy with what the factory hung on it. All the mods is one reason why I passed on that Austin SD ...

Fixing rat's nest wiring and replacing broken/worn bits are maintenance items and should be done for reliability and longevity.

Back