• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ok looks are deceiving

julimike54

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hayden
Well I saw a picture of the led headlight rings and thought, I can do that.

IMG_0546_zps2jt8cy0r.jpg

Obviously I can't without more understanding. It's out of focus, use tripod? I was seeing glare that didn't come through, but the light is too bright. Thought off to the bottom would get rid of glare but I'm missing something (knowledge :lol2:). Flash was off.

Try number 2

IMG_0549_zps5erbb4kl.jpg

Somehow I'll need to lighten surroundings, but not light?

Guess I'll play around some more, since it's raining. :ponder:

Like this? Headlights on, room lights are on, but I set the camera to underexpose a little.

IMD_3913-L.jpg

Remember that LEDs control brightness by pulse width modulation. Meaning they oscillate on and off very fast. Put a digital video camera on one and you'll see it flicker. So, looooooong exposure is the way to go.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Well some good info here. I was doing this with lights in garage out, door open (light from door behind the bike. I was thinking you could have these 'parking lights' as the subject and not the rest of the surroundings.

I've gotten fairly close with these last 2. First is slightly above centerline of light, second is slightly below centerline. I ran out of adjustments on my point & shoot.

IMG_0550_zpsfwjlknja.jpg

IMG_0551_zpslwks7rec.jpg

But I guess not bad?

Back