• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

OK, WHERE IS THE ANDREW SHORT WELCOME PARTY?

I saw that Andrew Short won the Pro 1 race at Rusty’s a couple weeks ago. I would have liked to see him fly by my slow donkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was awesome to watch! At the Sandwinders event this year, he was a couple of rows behind me, so got to watch him fly by after each restart, lol! Great to have a world class rider racing beside us in our local events, how neat is that!!

He was awesome to watch! At the Sandwinders event this year, he was a couple of rows behind me, so got to watch him fly by after each restart, lol! Great to have a world class rider racing beside us in our local events, how neat is that!!

June 29 he races at Rusty’s, small time local race, and wins. Little fan fare, no publicity. 7 days later, July 6 he is in bfe Russia, starting a race through Siberia, Mongolia and China, and takes 2nd place. Awesome. On one hand it is shocking that .1% of Americans are aware of this, and many more are glued to the Kardashians, but it shows that he’s not doing it for fame. I’d like to shake his hand and thank him for representing US so modestly and well.

June 29 he races at Rusty’s, small time local race, and wins. Little fan fare, no publicity. 7 days later, July 6 he is in bfe Russia, starting a race through Siberia, Mongolia and China, and takes 2nd place. Awesome. On one hand it is shocking that .1% of Americans are aware of this, and many more are glued to the Kardashians, but it shows that he’s not doing it for fame. I’d like to shake his hand and thank him for representing US so modestly and well.

Very good point, it is pretty amazing, world famous guy wins a local race no mention, 2nd in Rally, on moto press everywhere!!!! Cool.

"US so modestly and well." So true, he doesn't know me from Adam, but have talked to him at some of the events we've been in together(TORCS, TSCEC, and Grinduro), he's always been approachable without any attitude. Refreshing!

Yes, I think he's doing it for the right reasons. May 2018 he drove all the way from Smithville in his own pickup up here to Wyoming to ride in our little local nav rally event. Factory rider doing a 3,000 mile solo burn to a podunk town so he could train... pretty cool.

2nd place finish! So cool.

Nice thread. It is good to see a little about what he's been up to.

Whenever he is at home practicing I can hear him hitting the jumps if I'm outside. His track is less than a half mile away, or, two houses down the road. Have yet to meet him, but have met his wife and in-laws at a local July 4th get-together. Many years ago I would see his wife's race rig on the highway. The SUBWAY stickers on the trailer were the give-away as her dad had several franchises in the area. (likely still does)

Used to be that after the Houston Supercross many of the team semi-trailers would roll by in a group on the way to his place. It was like the best kind of parade to watch from the yard.

What's up with Shorty? His IG page has been quiet. I guess with the virus he's not traveling much.

He's been chillin at the farm I believe, must be weird going to a new team and then not having anything to do!

Back