• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Oklahoma Adventure Trail

Such a great set of ideas! Wondering if anything ever came out of the scheming??

The OAT is news to me - time to do some research.

Its doable. I dont remember too much about SE Texas but in NE Texas there are dirt roads for miles. I ride east of Greenville. The dirt roads out here are endless. Its just about finding them and putting them together. The recent dirt/gravel road website posted on here isn't very accurate up here. Ive been trying to find a way to get from Greenville to Shreveport on dirt gravel roads. Between dirt bike and adv bike it been challenging.
Once you get across the Red River into Oklahoma it becomes a dirt road Paradise! I spend most of my time on the Adv bike in Ok and Ark. You can ride for months.
Would love to meet someone around here that's interested in doing something like this.

Once you get across the Red River into Oklahoma it becomes a dirt road Paradise! I spend most of my time on the Adv bike in Ok and Ark. You can ride for months.
Would love to meet someone around here that's interested in doing something like this.
Did you guys make it up there last weekend?

That is a great question. I see Wood County isn't too far east of DFW. How are the roads out there?

Mostly paved - in fact, I know of very few unpaved public roads within the county. Though not perfect, I don't much disagree with the above posted gravel roads map for this particular region -

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 6.47.10 PM.png

Its doable. I dont remember too much about SE Texas but in NE Texas there are dirt roads for miles. I ride east of Greenville. The dirt roads out here are endless. Its just about finding them and putting them together. The recent dirt/gravel road website posted on here isn't very accurate up here. Ive been trying to find a way to get from Greenville to Shreveport on dirt gravel roads. Between dirt bike and adv bike it been challenging.

(Side note: recently saw a guy on a gorgeous KTM 690 of 790 with full kit in Greenville - maybe you?)

I will be up for joining you before too long, David. My office is just northwest of Greenville, and so I am in the area most days. My intent is to plate my 450 EXC and begin training us both (the bike and me) with an end goal of taking on some of the TAT, OAT, or similar. Hopefully the bike will be inspected Saturday and the paperwork one day next week.

Life needs more adventure.

(Side note: recently saw a guy on a gorgeous KTM 690 of 790 with full kit in Greenville - maybe you?)

I will be up for joining you before too long, David. My office is just northwest of Greenville, and so I am in the area most days. My intent is to plate my 450 EXC and begin training us both (the bike and me) with an end goal of taking on some of the TAT, OAT, or similar. Hopefully the bike will be inspected Saturday and the paperwork one day next week.

Life needs more adventure.
I'll be around.

Heading out Sunday to do some exploring and clearing the Cob Webs up in Ok on Sunday. Meeting at the South Pole Store at 11.
I think I have some fun stuff planned but we all know how that goes when you're out "Exploring".

Jeez, if I weren't such a wuss I'd join you. Forecast looks a little extreme for my taste. Where exactly is the South Pole Store again?

Edit: Found it.

Last edited:
When do y’all ride? I live between Caddo and Royse City. I’m new to adventure riding. Looking to get some experience before I start jumping into bigger rides. If y’all wouldn’t mind the slow kid maybe I could link up with you sometime. Just got 1090r..

Yeah, this is why I made the move from full time woods riding to ADV. Exploring!
!

Back