• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Old guy from Spring,TX

Reaction score
First let me start with a thanks to Scott & Jamie (don't know their handles). I was riding in the Coldspring,TX area on Saturday when 2 GS riders made a U-bee and tracked me down. After the usual "..how ya' doin' where ya' goin'?" chat. They invited me to head out for a meet up. So I tagged along for great ride! Thanks again.

So...that's what brings me here. I'm 63yrs. Took my first motorcycle adventure ride from PA to Texas when I was 18. The bike was a Honda SL350 with camping gear strapped on. Back then I had aspirations of a chopper and a bed roll LOL. Took the usual time off for a family and business. Picked back up in '90 with an XT350. Still have it and it still tours. Most recently the S.E.A.T. loop. I have a dozen or so bikes, but my 'go to' machine is a 2005 GS. I've had it going on 10yrs. Been to both coasts, all states sans HI & AK and Canada. My typical luggage is Mosko Moto Reckless 80 with stock BMW top box, but I use the stock Bimmer boxes and a First Gear 70ltr bag from time to time. I usually tour solo, but I'm always up for a good day ride with friends.

Glad to be here! HOTT
274063 274066
Land Between the Lakes KY. 2015 and Northern Alabama small bore tour

Welcome from the Southwest contingent (and a former Woodlands resident). The Scott you met was most likely our fearless leader and chief cook and bottlewasher Scott "Tourmeister" Friday. He owns and runs this little joint we tend to congregate in.

HOTT welcome, that was Scott and I that you rode with, glad you could join us especillay when you helped me pick up my bike :eek2:

Last edited:
Welcome !

(Be advised that in this crowd nobody under 65 is considered "old". "Experienced", "wise", "visionary", "well travelled", or "wily" are acceptable descriptors...)

Dave.

Glad you found your way here Rick :wave:

So right after you split off from us, we got behind some guy on a nice Africa Twin. He split off on a different road before I could wave him down :lol2: We were running late to meet Roger "RSquared" for lunch in Iola. My back tire got me home, but it is definitely time for a new front and back.

...My back tire got me home, but it is definitely time for a new front and back.
That rear looked Pa-retty sketchy. :shock: You took it to the limit indeed. Time for new shoes.

HOTT

That rear looked Pa-retty sketchy. :shock: You took it to the limit indeed. Time for new shoes.

HOTT

I've never had a tire do that before. It wasn't even all the way down to the wear bar yet! :shock:

I usually replace them shortly before they get to the wear bar anyway because the dirt handling has usually degraded enough at that point that it is annoying to ride with, especially in the loose marbles stuff.

Back