• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Old guys, old bikes

'62 cb77 superhawk, 69 yo rider = 120 years...

got the bike when I was 19, (see avatar photo); it went in shed with transmission problem in '74 or so, dragged it out and restored it a few years ago. still putting a few hundred miles on it each year...

3641412903_ba7a8e8a70_b.jpg

By the looks of that cell phone on your belt I'd say you restored it more than just a few years ago, haha.

_

Old? ME?? I'm just, uh, EXPERIENCED! Yeah, that's the ticket...

You darn hippies got no respect for your elders!

attachment.jpg

Two summers ago, I sold my '79 Honda CB650. At the time that would have been 60 + 32 = 92.

Attachments

• 2010-04-navarro1.jpg
    2010-04-navarro1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 203
I just tallied up my collection; me & the bikes add up to 1213 years old!

Are all those bikes running?

No, maybe a dozen or so that I could get running on a single Saturday with a couple of trickle chargers, a gas can and tire pump. Probably like 400 years total...

400 years total? :rofl: Think you got it.... OK dudes, let's keep it to one bike, your primary or oldest secondary.

400 years total? :rofl: Think you got it.... OK dudes, let's keep it to one bike, your primary or oldest secondary.

The 5 bikes I have curently tagged, stickered, and insured add up to 163 years, plus , My 58 years :eek2:is 221 years. There are several older bikes not currently tagged, that ARE riders. The 46 Indian really adds up, but it is not currently tagged.

I'm not old but I am 65. Since I failed the third grade, I would have been 64. 1969 Kawasaki Mach 3 500cc widow maker. What's our total years? I dont know, but its not worth figuring. No trophy for this youngster.

Bump. Come on, there's gotta be more old guys on old bikes on this site. Let's see them!

I had a birthday, so now I'm 62 on a '73=102.

Getting old still sucks.

What the heck, some are old photos, some are not that old (bikes), but since the replies are drying up...

1980 Yamaha XT 250 monoshocker, photo taken about 1986-

359838956.jpg

Me (#142) leading the first wave of the Historic Production Heavyweight class, and one of the faster class (#40) that started in the wave ahead of us, into turn 1 at Barber's in 2007-

357908482.jpg

My scratch-built '69 Bonnie Street Tracker, and me, before my hair started turning gray. This photo must have been about 1999 or 2000-

325075076.jpg

Back