• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Old Ore Road - Big Bend (March 2021)

Looked painful.

I just don’t get why the other guy didn’t shut down the bike on the first place. I’ve heard it’s bad for bikes to run on their sides, maybe only on the boxer engines?

That other bike sounded pretty bad, and that smoke... he probably should’ve shut it off

what’s the outcome of that other bike now?

He shut the other bike off just as this clip was ending. No issues getting it out, or for him to continue riding. My bike suffered a busted windshield and turn-signal, and the rear passenger peg mount is dented in. Otherwise, rode the bike home from Big Bend to Austin the following day :)

He shut the other bike off just as this clip was ending. No issues getting it out, or for him to continue riding. My bike suffered a busted windshield and turn-signal, and the rear passenger peg mount is dented in. Otherwise, rode the bike home from Big Bend to Austin the following day :)
Your riding partner was concerned with you, but omg that hurt to see that bike smoking like that.

Glad it all turned out good. We all been there

Great footage ... glad you are ok. Crossing mid crest of a Jeep road is aways a challenge and the rocks make it more so in all the wrong ways.

That was the hardest part about Big Bend. Crossing that crest got me too. Kind of felt like single track since you couldn’t use the whole lane. Glad you’re ok, it flipped you off pretty good.

Nice video quality. I like that.

Tough crash, glad you are ok.

Hind sight is always 20/20 but it looked like the left track was slightly lower than the right and it was also in a curve. That essentially made it an off camber corner, which made the track transfer harder.

I try to do transfers when it's straight and the 2 tracks are level so that I only have to deal with the transfer and not a turn and elevation change as well.

You probably already figured that out....like I said, hind sight is always 20 / 20.

Glad it turned out ok and you got a cool story and video out of it.

Camera angle is canted a little. The tracks were fairly level, but that center berm was nice a squishy/soft. Traction Control being left on, even on the lowest level, was a truly boneheaded mistake I made.

Bikes sounded very heavy 😳

I did see 3 large bikes going north on 385 pavement on March 6th. Wonder if it was you guys. Looked like you.might be linking to Terlingua road west.

Those bikes are heavy when you just try to lift them without using proper technique.

Took a 1 day adv riding clinic, problee the most useful thing I learned that day was lifting techniques.

Very nice video quality, thanks for posting

Glad you all were ok.

Looked painful.

I just don’t get why the other guy didn’t shut down the bike on the first place. I’ve heard it’s bad for bikes to run on their sides, maybe only on the boxer engines?

You heard correct. That poor Beemer was hammering hard.

Camera angle is canted a little. The tracks were fairly level, but that center berm was nice a squishy/soft. Traction Control being left on, even on the lowest level, was a truly boneheaded mistake I made.
That loose stuff in the center can be a problem. Glad you were ok.

Looked painful.

I was confused about that too. Mostly I was confused to why he wouldn't park it on the side stand, but instead choose to lay it on its side.

I was distracted the entire time watching that video by fixating on that bike running on its side like that. There's no way that isn't really bad for that motor.

Glad you're ok though. Will be fun to look back on in the future.

Those bikes are heavy when you just try to lift them without using proper technique.

Yeah... sometimes you have to throw techniques out the window....
Like in the middle of the James River crossing on all that slick pocket filled bottom.
😆

Back