• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Olympia Airglide 4 Mesh Pants Review

Hmm

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Olympia Airglide 4s and they are true to fit if you order your size in jeans. I'm a 34 and they fit me well. They have an elastic waist so that I could have even worn them over some blue jean shorts which are my standard uniform in the warmer months. I chose to test ride them with only my BVDs underneath the mesh pants. They do come with a liner that can be worn inside the mesh pants or over the mesh pants. I tried on the liner over the pants and it went on well with no struggles, cinching down with Velcro tabs at the side of the ankles.

The really sweet thing about the pants is that they have a zipper that zips all the way to the waist for easy in and out of the pants. If you have every fought with pants on the side of the road with boots on and ended up rolling around in a ditch trying to get in or out of them, you can really appreciate the long zipper.

The air flow was really nice with mesh panels at the shins and thighs and 2 fair sized pockets which had zip up zippers with a nice tab on them. I tested these on a Spyder because I needed to run the thing today and the way this bike is built, it knocked a bit of air off of my legs. My next ride will be on my 08 Wee and I'm sure I will experience more air flow than I got today.

My plan is to ride with them early in the morning with the liner as an overpant and then shed the liner as the day warms up. The liner is thin with no insulation so it will stow easily.

I think I have discovered a winner for hot weather and I recommend these for anyone looking for hot weather riding pants.
thumbup.gif

Back