• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

One Dollar Wednesday

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
One Dollar Wednesday

It's the middle of the week, and I'd bet that you spent 100 cents on something completely stupid this week that is gone forever.

Examples...

2/3 of ONE bottled soda
1/4 of a frufru coffee
That extra taco- you know you should eat only two
Flirt tipping, you are married after all
Pickle Pops
Sofa shrinkage
1/98" of rubber roosting your TWT buddy because you could
beer #9
1/4 oz of synthetic oil
if you have ever bought a sticker
registration/insurance on a 'loaner bike'

It's time to suck it up and donate to TWT. You spend at least this much without blinking. Commit to the forum filled with the best folk on earth. Support TWT.

I'm a loser and I donate $5 a month. Join me.

What's your excuse?

Love this, Joel! I set up the automatic-donation so I don't have to think about it! I bet one tip on an accessory or tire sale or one map shared about a new riding location is worth multiple times my investment! :sun:

:clap:

I pay mine annually - on Christmas Day no less. Been doing that for several years now as my present to both the site and me. Kind of makes it easy to remember when too...

It's Wednesday again. It seem to happen every week.

I pay $5/month automatically too; I've done so for a couple years I guess.

Can't even remember when I started... probably as soon as Scott started the program. Glock Talk (Charter Life Member) and TWT are the only two forums I consistently support.

:tab Just as an FYI regarding Paypal fees. Some folks may not realize that Paypal charges $0.30 + 2.9% for each transaction since I have a "commercial" account (only way people could use credit cards). If you donate a dollar via PayPal, I get $0.67 (1.00 - 0.30 - 0.03) after the fees. If you did that each week, I'd basically get $2.68 a month. If you did a one time donation of say $4 per month, I would get $3.58. Essentially the fees eat up a dollar for every four donations if you go one dollar at a time. This is why I originally set the minimum forum supporter donation at $5/mo. It is a nice round number and cuts down on the fees taken by Paypal. It has by far been the most popular donation amount and the automatic monthly support payments of that amount play a BIG part in keeping the site running (much more so than any advertising income).

:tab Some folks send me checks to avoid paying any fees. The only down side to this is that I have to manually set up their accounts for forum supporter status versus the forum software subscription system automatically handling all that when PayPal is used.

I'm just trying to keep people thinking about it.

I set up the monthly paypal. rollingj's reminder reminded me to do it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Sweet!

I will gladly lead you around Bastrop some time! (I would have anyway, but...)

Back