• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

One great thing still on! cancelled

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Diamond Don
5 hrs ·

3/14/20 UPDATE: Diamond Don’s 18th Annual AHRMA Vintage Motocross events scheduled for April 2-5, 2020 will be held as scheduled. We have made a substantial financial investment in preparing for this race and we need your participation in order for this event to remain viable. We urge each of you to use common sense when traveling and at the race track. We hope to see you here.
At this time, there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Marion County. Knowing that everyone is concerned about the virus, we are taking additional precautions at the registration office and throughout Diamond Don RV Park. We are assessing this situation every day and will keep you updated if there is any change in status.
Your health and safety are important to us. We have ordered hand washing stations to be placed throughout the park near the portable toilets. We also have restroom & hand washing facilities in the shower house and in the pavilion. We have assigned responsibility to several employees to clean all restrooms, sinks, toilets, and commonly touch surfaces throughout the park.
Visit DiamondDonEmpire.com for more information. The Diamond Don Empire family of companies, owned by Diamond Don Rainey and Francene DePrez Rainey, includes Diamond Don Racing, Diamond Don RV Park, Diamond Don Event Center and Historic Jefferson Railway.

If this does go off sure be nice if folks continue to support him! If you haven't been some great vintage racing but so many awesome scooters to see and BUY if you wish! 4 day event! Cross country and trials on Friday, m/x over the weekend. Always several of our mx "heroes" of yesterday! Check it out! And your spouses will love shopping downtown Jefferson,

Good luck with this race. The CMRA roadrace event for this weekend was cancelled by the governor of Louisiana.

Good luck with this race. The CMRA roadrace event for this weekend was cancelled by the governor of Louisiana.
Well, that is a possibility, of course he has 3 weeks before the event. By then things will change maybe a lot worse or if lucky a little better. Strange times we are in, who knows.

Sounds like a great event for normal times, but this isn't normal times. I'm choosing to go on lockdown, staying home, not going into stores, not eating out, not going near any crowd/gathering, not going near my 89 year old aunt (her 4 children can see to her - they need to designate just 1 or 2 of them to be with her to try to limit the risk). I will ride, and hope i don't have any issue out in the countryside requiring compromising my social distancing policy. I think lots of people are in denial about what I think is about to happen. Good luck and I hope everything works out for all.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great event for normal times, but this isn't normal times. I'm choosing to go on lockdown, staying home, not going into stores, not eating out, not going near any crowd/gathering, not going near my 89 year old aunt (her 4 children can see to her - they need to designate just 1 or 2 of them to be with her to try to limit the risk). I will ride, and hope i don't have any issue out in the countryside requiring compromising my social distancing policy. I think lots of people are in denial about what I think is about to happen. Good luck and I hope everything works out for all.
I've pretty much joined this thinking, BUT scheduled to work Th-Sun this weekend. Being 68 y/o not sure what to do.

I'm 66. I'm on my own which makes locking down easier. Recently retired from full-time and work from home on occasional consulting jobs.

I visited a friend a couple of weeks ago - he works, his wife works at a hospital, they have a daughter and 2 school age grandchildren living with them. I don't like their chances.

_nc_ohc=0zio0pbWYY4AX9R8YBi&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Diamond Don
Just now ·

The AHRMA Executive Committee and Race Directors have POSTPONED Diamond Don's Vintage Motocross originally scheduled for April 2-5, 2020. We are working with AHRMA to reschedule for September or October. This announcement comes with great sadness as we were ready to go and had lots of support from our fellow racers, but we understand that the health and safety of our race community must come first.

One great thing still on! cancelled

Sorry, but this made me chuckle a bit :)

"But we still have... cancelled."

Sorry it came to this, but its for the best reason. I feel for the temporary workers and other workers who will miss out on that little bit of income as well as the investors' loss. Cancelling this will cost a lot of people real money at the worst of times.

Hidden Falls Adventure Park (Official)
2 hrs ·
**IMPORTANT NOTICE**
Burnet County has just issued a Stay at Home mandate so in compliance with local authorities, as a nonessential business, effective immediately, Hidden Falls Adventure Park will CLOSE to the GENERAL PUBLIC and ALL MEMBERS until further notice. As soon as this storm has passed, rest assured we will promptly reopen. If you have already booked reservations with us, please be on the lookout for an email from us detailing that matter. If you need to contact us for any reason please email us at info@hiddenfallsadventurepark.com as we will not be in the office to answer any phone calls. Thank you for your support and understanding. We regret having to take these actions and look forward to riding and wheeling with you in the very near future. Stay safe and well!

Don't be surprised if you get to City Park over the Easter Weekend and it's closed. The wording is somewhat vague, but here is the wording:

"All City of Austin parks, trails, greenbelts and preserves (which includes the Ann and Roy Butler Hike and Bike Trail) will close during the Easter weekend to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Residents can view parkviewer app – if the greenspace is listed, it is closed for the holiday weekend. The closure goes into effect at sunset, Thursday, April 9 and goes through sunrise, Monday, April 13.
Link:http://austintexas.gov/page/pard-facilities-closures
Parkviewer: https://arcg.is/1PXX9O0
Check before you go.

Makes you wonder if any major sporting event will have fans this year and when wile we be able to attend.

Back