• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

oopsie

Yup, I'm fine. Never even hit the ground. Got the left foot down and watched the bike drop underneath me.

Honda needs to figure out how to put the ST1300-style tip-over wings on ALL their bikes. that would have saved all but the bag in this case.

Oh well, sounds like I need to get a DS or at least a less pretty bike :trust:

Oh well, sounds like I need to get a DS or at least a less pretty bike :trust:

Sounds like you have one now :eek2:

You can pull all the tupperware off & see what the viffer looks like naked - it may have cult appeal, you never know... ;-)

You can pull all the tupperware off & see what the viffer looks like naked - it may have cult appeal, you never know... ;-)

Can't do that. Side mounted radiators don't work very well with out the fairings.

Skid

We had to look at Skid's nekkid VFR for almost a year. I can honestly say, not a nice sight and no cult appeal. :-|

:thpt:
:puke:
7.jpg

Last edited:
There's quite a few things I should have done different. Go to AR being the first.

Told ya so! :shrug:

Glad you're Ok. The bike will heal up in no time - besides, the ST wasn't getting enough attention!

I think Billwee went down the same spot. I hate to see that bike get a mark on it.

Nope, mine was at a different water crossing. I think.... Glad you're alright Nathan, and I'm sorry to see that purty blue bike all scratched up.

Nope, mine was at a different water crossing. I think.... Glad you're alright Nathan, and I'm sorry to see that purty blue bike all scratched up.
If I recall the pic correctly, you were just about a little further down the road then I was.

Its just plastic. I got off lucky. you are the injured one.

in defense of the wrecker companys the trucks get 8 miles a gallon or so @ 2.85 a gallon,and the trucks cost 50,000 to 70,000 dollars now days, and then insurance is out of this world,then you've got to pay a guy to operate the truck.so the profit aint that great at 80 bucks, im supprised you werent charged 150 bucks because most wrecker companys dont want to haul bikes in the first place.i used to be in the buisness and we would turn down allmost all motorcycle tows because of the risk and the time involved in towing a bike. as far as calling your insurance company to get a wecker to tow your bike the insurance companys have contracts with certain weckers that they will call but get turned down, so they start begging different wrecker companys to go get you,there were insurance companys we have no contact with would call us out of the blue as say we were there only hope all the time.some times we would go because they would pay us double for the tow thats just the way it was , just saying this so you guys and gals have an idea of what the insurance companys are going through to get you picked up when the bike goes down.and the farther in the sticks you are the more trouble there going to have getting you picked up.

so the profit aint that great at 80 bucks, im supprised you werent charged 150 bucks

When I slid on a wet road right before Hearne and landed with my truck in the ditch, a wrecker pulled up and wanted $100 to pull me out. I nicely declined, he went on his way and a nice rancher, living across the street pulled me out with his Dually for free. I even got some pie from him ... it was Christmas Eve.

Roadrage, I've nothing against the tow truck and understand how expensive they are (Grandfather/father ran a wrecker service up till last year)
I'm not complaining about the tow truck. It would have been nice if he was setup to haul bikes, but then its HRCA that ticks me off that they don't CALL a truck that hauls bikes!

Back