• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

opinions Gulf Coast BMW-Triumph Houston?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

Any opinions or comments on Gulf Coast BMW-Triumph in Houston? Do they have a good service department?

My Triumph is nearly due for a 6000 mile maintenance.

Mancuso SW in Houston dropped Triumph.

I need a Triumph dealer in Houston.

thanks!

I used to buy Meriden Triumph parts from them years ago and then had some direct contact through a club. Some of the guys in the club thought they were great. Personally my experience has been consistently bad. There have been a couple of times when they brought in new people and tried to turn the business around, but every time the new staff gets chased off. One time I called Greg and was put on hold. After about five minutes I decided to see just how long they would let me hold. Twenty six minutes was how long it took for someone to ask who I was holding for. Turns out he was out of the office. I could list more incidents, but that would only illustrate what a doof I was for giving them another chance. Anyway I'll fly to Hinkley before I'll do business with those guys.

Your experience may differ.

Last edited:
What about the ExImport guys that were in the Sharpstown area? Are they still around? I've never done business with them, but they sold MVs and Ducatis I think. I thought they also handled Triumph :ponder:

My experience with Gulf Coast was years ago, and not good. As a result, I never went back. I've no idea what they might be like now.

For stuff I can't do, I have used Motorcycles Unlimited. But they are on FM 1960 out near Kuykendahl West of I-45. Might be a bit far for you :shrug:

Much thanks. I have probably scratched off GC Triumph-BMW.

Hope remains with Polaris West in Katy?

It would be a real shame if Houston did have a quality Triumph dealer.

Why don't you consider an independent shop, like Motorcycles Unlimited, they get very good reviews here, it may be too far from Sugar L. but is not like you will be going there on a weekly basis.
Seems that the classic dealers always get mixed reviews.

Before I give up on the Triumph I will definitely consider an independent shop.
Thanks!

+1 for Andy at metric motorcycles.
A+ mechanic and service.
Both my brother in law and I have gone to him for years.

* nota bene - he can only be reached by email to set any appointment.

No info on this shop but 3P Sport Cycle Center in Conroe. 15102 I45 South. this shop is by the motocross track on the west side of the freeway. Website says they're a Triumph Dealer.

No info on this shop but 3P Sport Cycle Center in Conroe. 15102 I45 South. this shop is by the motocross track on the west side of the freeway. Website says they're a Triumph Dealer.

They do have Triumph and nice looking shop. That said, when I go by there I don't get good vibes.

I'm a slow learner but one thing I have learned well over many years regarding shops is to trust your vibes.

Steer clear of this shop, untrustworthy. Salesman Kenny couldn't pour piss from a boot with the instructions written on the heel.

Getting back to Gulf Coast BMW - British USA on college in S. Houston, they have always treated me well. Kathy on the Triumph side and Jim on the BMW side are good folks to deal with in sales. Good prices. Parts and accessories are great - they'll match online in USA. Service - well I have been in there for service on several occasions and while it has been ok, it seems like their weak spot. Nothings ever came back seriously wrong, but like they forgot to reset the service indicator, or lube the sticky turn signal, or put the seat on properly, or the 2-week job became a 4-week job. They need to work on this as at $105/hr - you better bring your 'A' game.

I note they are advertising for a motorcycle sales associate... either someone quit, or they figured out sales department weak, or flood of customers?

While you are there, check out the BMW area. They have a nice mini-museum of older bikes.

Yes they have been very busy and did lose a person about a month ago - one who sold me a bike before. They seem to be mostly commission sales, and on occasion I have seen some folks come and go - but the core seem to stay constant.

Thanks, I didn't know Meaghan, I only knew Kathryn and Jim, and hope they do alright. Unfortunately, the use of my license plate fees and sales tax monies for operating expenses instead of registering my bike, the number of improperly torqued fasteners I found all over my new bike, and the "over-suggested-retail-prices" parts prices mean that I will never return to Gulf Coast.

From The Woodlands shop, I've made 3 payments and have 3300 miles and no plate yet. They did send another paper one tho.

Rob, what story do they tell you re. your license plate? Who do the paper plates they are giving you say is the owner of your bike? Mine said "Cliff Holland". That isn't my name. I wonder if there are any insurance ramifications regarding this issue - ie. could you have trouble with a claim if the bike got damaged or stolen? What if they go bankrupt before they register your bike? I live about 8 miles from The Woodlands dealer, but I will depend on Wild West (43 miles) if I never need anything(*) - the other 3 BMW dealers have all dealt themselves out, in bad faith, with me. As the same folks own Cycle Shack and Wild West, I am comfortable with the situation. (*) I buy my parts online from A&S BMW in California - the sell at "recommended retail prices", ship for free, and absorb the sales tax themselves.

Last edited:
I just found A&S when I needed my brake switch. I'll be using again, seems like good folks!

The good ole virus is the current excuse!

Haven't noticed a name, I'll check!

I'll be going to Wild West myself even tho it's a long drive from Nowhere Tx!

I financed through BMW, figure sooner or later they will force the issue! They need the title, which I assume will happen when I get plates. I'll call this week, was supposed to be mailed Thursday, I'll see.

BTW, Cycle Shack which is in the same county, gets plates out in a day or 2 even through this virus time.

Back