• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

opinions Gulf Coast BMW-Triumph Houston?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
License came today, 5-23-2020, bought bike 2-20-2020.

Last edited:
As you may know, Cliff Holland owns Gulf Coast BMW/British USA.

An update. I just found out this week that Kathryn also left her position 3 weeks ago. So Jim is the only one left in terms of sales until they hire. I'll admit that so much upheaval certainly doesn't make for trouble-free transactions. Seems like a little chaos - but then again, these are the times for it.

I have had both good and bad experiences at Gulf Coast but Cliff has always bent over backwards to make things right when I have had bad experiences.

Jim has always been a great guy to work with.

I have bought bikes from them, sold bikes on consignment, had service work done, etc, etc, etc.

Cliff directs the use of buyers' sales tax and license fee monies for operating cash instead of registering peoples' bikes, he directs the charging of "over suggested retail" prices on parts. What goes on in the service department - that is on him as well as owner/manager. The same can all be said about the management/ownership of The Woodlands dealer (as far as sales and parts go - I haven't heard anything bad about their service department). I bought my bike in the "before times" nearly a year and a half before COVID19 came to town, so COVID19 is neither the reason nor is it a reasonable excuse for these behaviors/business practices.

Just glad i got the bike I wanted and now have plates! Happy with the bike.

I started the BMW Woodlands thread. I see things haven’t changed. I’ll never darken their door again. Glad you got your plates finally.

I started the BMW Woodlands thread. I see things haven’t changed. I’ll never darken their door again. Glad you got your plates finally.
Weird how they survive doing this, seems they have to be playing with money somehow.

BTW, Cycle Shack which is in the same county, gets plates out in a day or 2 even through this virus time.
Any of the folks at Cycle Shack-Conroe from the old Cycle Shack in Bellaire? Did a lot of business with them in the 70s-80s.

Any of the folks at Cycle Shack-Conroe from the old Cycle Shack in Bellaire? Did a lot of business with them in the 70s-80s.
Not sure, 2 or 3 guys been with them along time. Was the one on Bellaire Richard's also? He had North, South, and Wild West.

Carl, Steve, Mike, and Scott have been around a long time.

I have had both good and bad experiences at Gulf Coast but Cliff has always bent over backwards to make things right when I have had bad experiences.

Jim has always been a great guy to work with.

I have bought bikes from them, sold bikes on consignment, had service work done, etc, etc, etc.
I agree - Both Cliff and Jim are good folks. I would not hesitate to work with them. While I empathize with those who have had bad experiences, I can say that they always have met pricing off of the internet, have given me good market or slightly below quotes, and they have to make something on sales, It is in our best interest to see competition and a reputable dealership to survive - for me, I support them as my experiences are vastly positive, one or two minor exceptions aside.

Back