• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Opinions on riding boots

Reaction score
I’m a newbie rider I do a lot of woods riding and looking for some good boots would lime to stay around 200 bucks I been looking at Alpinestars tech 3 and 5 models

I recently bought a set of these. Comfortable and proven water proof. However, a bit over your budget at $279 on Revzilla..

1581940940559.png

I can’t recommend a particular ADV style boot but do suggest you consider purchasing used to start. Try something then resell and partially fund the cost of trading up.

advrider.com has an active section called Gear.

I’m a newbie rider I do a lot of woods riding and looking for some good boots would lime to stay around 200 bucks I been looking at Alpinestars tech 3 and 5 models
When you say woods riding, I assume you mean full on off road? If so the Tech 3 or 5 or good. I'd go 5 if you can spare the coin.I use the Tech 7. Shop around around if color not a factor you'll find a close out deal. The Forma's are good a buddy uses them.

I'll second what woodsguy said. I wear Tech 7's also for off road. Ideally you could go somewhere and try on a few different boots. I have found over the years A-Star boots just fit my foot. I have tried other brands and they all fit just a little different from the foot-bed to the calf size.

BMW AdventureGrip Boots, very protective, yet still pretty comfortable and also under the 300 dollar mark, plus they come in brown.
5129C71D-F39C-41BD-9428-87262D676237.jpeg

Have you tried any on? Different boots fit feet differently. Even if you have a favorite brand, they can change. I had a set of Sidi's for a long time and loved them. Ordered new ones and they didn't fit me right in the ankle and heel. I went to MotoLiberty and tried on a bunch and Sidi just didn't fit me anymore. Ended up walking out with some Alpinestars that fit me like slippers. I never figured myself as an A Stars guy, but they fit great. If your boots don't fit your feet you'll be terribly unhappy.

Someone a lot smarter than me said “ don’t go cheap on helmets or boots. And if your lucky, your boots will hit the ground more than your helmet.” I like Sidi for all the ankle protection on dirt or dual sport since I’ve got a few screws in my left. Forma lows for street use. Just my opinion

Back