• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Orange Blood or Blood Orange

Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Laguë
Disguise Orange Adventure

Recently someone ask me if my bike was Pan America. Nope it not a HD, they are just about the same color I guess,
Yes both company like Orange, KTM is brand Moto is READY TO RACE! and since HD like to copy thing I have one for them READY TO PEEL - free with a potato bag.

I bought my 1900S 2014 new actually the my first vehicle purchase NEW @ 13K in 2015. I have been through some stuff with this bike and ok, we know each other now with both respect.

HD PAN AM start the adventure with a Delay in my opinion,

KTM 1190 S 2014

7 year gap

HD Pan America 2021
Orange Blood-01.png

Last edited:
yeah, KTM really goofed when they turned down Boorman and McGregor for Long Way 'Round.
It would have made them a household name. I guess they didn't care about that.

I like the HD, especially when considering it's performance and technology, but the tank and fairing are so retro, and not in a 'cool' kinda way.

Last edited:
I can see where a person not familiar with adventure bikes might make that mistake. To someone who is familiar, there's no way.

I like the HD, especially when considering it's performance and technology, but the tank and fairing are so retro, and not is a 'cool' kinda way.
personal for sure

Weight proportion is all heavy at the top, like a totem pole, they might revisit in 5 years with gas tank on the side like the KTM :), My old Buell gas tank was part of the frame in 2003, but the HD kick Buell of the door. I think one of the reason of this post is because I really like my Buell that was MADE IN THE USA, and I believe this country can make a pretty cool adventure bike, but HD make poor decision in the RD Department.

Having endless resource $ I would built my own

Check out : https://carduccidualsport.com

Below some older bike compare, the Buell length is too short, maybe a extended swing arm, rake...

HDADV.jpg

Don't put a lot of faith in that "Made In America" stuff because it is just not true. Purchased a new hog one time, took it down to the last bolt. It had an Italian frame, German electrics, Japanese carburetor, Chinese wheel bearings with water soluble grease. Ran into some heavy showers during the first week-end hill country ride. The wheel bearings sounded like a worn out speedo cable on the way back. And the big lie goes on, and on, and on...

You are right, Now days it all about saving and trash it after couple of year, so is it better to buy not to new and hope component or good and replace parts like a old faith full truck or go new and get impress by some technology. At the end of the it just rubber and asphalt (or dirt)

Back