• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Outdoor Nationals

Didn't realize that either. Saw part of the second 450 moto on NBC between work calls. Missed the end, but saw the results. Pretty much how I figured it would play out.

You must be talking 450; no way I'd have predicted Shimoda for 250s. It was some great racing today in both classes, but especially the 250s.

Tomac looked awesome today and on top of his game. Dungey certainly deserves what ever he is being paid —- the real deal 5 year come back.

F1FA6BC0-F211-42C5-9641-01DC4890EEF1.jpeg

Someone is locked and loaded. Maybe 2 guys. LOL. I couldn't watch except the NBC part. Mav just won't work on my TV. NO idea how to find Flo.

The MAVTVPlus / FloSports things is a real ****. Ended up going to the main MAVTV page, and they had a link to the races for free. You didn't miss much though; kinda getting predictable. A little drama in the 250s..

If you haven't watched the race yet, stop reading... now... as for the drama in the 250 race (Hunter/Stilez), anybody find out what exactly happened, or seen a post race interview?

I watched a recap on YouTube, but they didn't mention anything about it.

Looks like Stilez cross jumped and took Hunter out. There's a video but can't share here.

I'm making many assumptions, but it looks like they were both coming over a jump near the edge of the track and Hunter was trying to pass. I think it is kind of a blind jump in that it is on a slight curve. They collided as they hit the ground. Stilez was on the outside edge, but may have drifted towards the middle, but not a lot. Looks to me like Hunter didn't have a safe margin to make the pass and was not happy he hit the ground. My take is a racing incident and Hunter, being the one making the pass, should have made sure he could make it cleanly.

Other than that, Tomac is a monster at that track.

Has anyone even seen a post race interview? Sure hope TV coverage improves soon

I'm making many assumptions, but it looks like they were both coming over a jump near the edge of the track and Hunter was trying to pass. I think it is kind of a blind jump in that it is on a slight curve. They collided as they hit the ground. Stilez was on the outside edge, but may have drifted towards the middle, but not a lot. Looks to me like Hunter didn't have a safe margin to make the pass and was not happy he hit the ground. My take is a racing incident and Hunter, being the one making the pass, should have made sure he could make it cleanly.

Other than that, Tomac is a monster at that track.
In my comment I was just posting what I read. Little video I saw I can't tell anything.

And I just saw a video where Stilez takes the blame and said he was going to apologize after, but Hunter over-reacted and he hasn't talked to him about it yet. So there you go.

This could change next week but, I have had MAVTV+ like many & have watched every single moto that they advertised to air. A little luck & a lot of persistence.
I received an email from flo racing on Friday to subscribe for the exact same $7 roughly a month. It was a very quick process.
Watching Tomac on his Yamaha is pure magic.....DIALED!
On the other hand, Sexton is amazing for still maintaining the points even though Tomac has won the last 5 moto.s. Impressive, & I expect Sexton to get a couple of wins on the 2nd half tracks. Neither can afford a mistake, or mechanical.

On the other hand, Sexton is amazing for still maintaining the points even though Tomac has won the last 5 moto.s. Impressive, & I expect Sexton to get a couple of wins on the 2nd half tracks. Neither can afford a mistake, or mechanical.
I hope you're right for the sake of some good racing, but afraid Tomac is in a groove that can't be stopped.

I hope you're right for the sake of some good racing, but afraid Tomac is in a groove that can't be stopped.
You might be right; Eli is looking very comfortable right now, but I wouldn't count Sexton out just yet. Like he said, he has never liked Southwick (yet got 2nd), and he's looking forward to the next three upcoming tracks that he likes. Still waiting for Anderson to get a good start too :doh:

They said he rode it out!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1657730284610.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657730284610.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 94
Could have; but if he did and didn't have religion before, he had it afterwards. :pray:

So much for my free two weeks that they said they would give me. Guess I will figure out the Flo deal until the end of the year while it is still 7 bucks a month. Not interested in paying the $30 rate starting next January.

Logged in to FloRacing.com and waiting for race to start. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Back