• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Outlaw Trax

I love the place but always want to be sure out of town folks understand what it is and isn't.

It's a small property, not really anywhere to just explore. 170 acres I believe.
Trails for the most part are beginner friendly, 1 easy/hard split.

What it is really, is a TORCS race track, literally. So very good practice even if you don't race. The loop is 5 miles unless you go with me and I have a 1 1/2 he's not using for some reason. Either way it's a 20-25 minute, rinse and repeat. For now it's what we have. And glad to have it.

5 Mile loop sounds good I like a loop like that it give you a good area to work on skills in a nice loop. You can go out make a loop come back make some suspension changes and go out and see if you are going forward or backward improvements

Dang. Liked the place but only went on open event weekends. It was real hard to beat $25 for the year to ride SHNF. Traveling elsewhere, like Milano, was also a treat while it was still around and as far as I wanted to go for an afternoon.

I'm just glad that I got to ride dirt while I was able. And I'm glad to have successfully sold my Christini. When SHNF was closed for months on end a few years back, I just knew my riding days were over in SE TX. Traveling to Gilmer or Red River is just too far to drive when jonesing for a day ride. All that's going to be left is MX parks. I'll keep my wheels attached to the ground, thank you.

Volunteering in the Sam Houston National Forest with Ed..... has been awesome. Hopefully it will be open sometime this spring.

Volunteering in the Sam Houston National Forest with Ed..... has been awesome. Hopefully it will be open sometime this spring.

Hope you're right, not sure why we have to wait to spring but there is other options luckily.

Disgusting! Got way past my fill of the TX NF Gestapo years ago in the Battle of The Angelina.

Jimmy? He was a piece of work. Got busted for ridding on a closed trail.......the closed sign was nailed to a tree 30 ft up and barely visible!!!

Jimmy? He was a piece of work. Got busted for ridding on a closed trail.......the closed sign was nailed to a tree 30 ft up and barely visible!!!

Never met the guy, but I remember there was some stories about him. He still around??

Back