• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Overnight camping?

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Are all overnight camping spots closed, or just the national forests? This weekend is looking like some pretty nice weather, but I haven't been camping in a very long time, and am not familiar with what good camping areas might be around. Was hoping to find something around the Sam Houston national forest so we could also do some dual sport riding. Seems like they are all just open for day visits though. Anyone know any other camping areas that might be allowing overnight camping in that general area?

No overnight camping at State Parks also, plus you have to wear a mask. No groups greater than 5 and also reservations (even for day use) has to be done online....

Well that certainly slurps :-? When will the madness end?

Thanks for the links; those are pretty cool. Unfortunately though, they don't have any updates on if they are open or not. Sucks missing out on this great weather though.

How about near cemeteries or church grounds in or around small towns?

I think ADV has a "list" of available space for camping here around the US.

RB

I called a private campground near Study Butte about a site for next week. Owner stated the county still had all rentals on lockdown , he did not know when it would change. Tough time to be in that business.

No overnight camping at State Parks also, plus you have to wear a mask. No groups greater than 5 and also reservations (even for day use) has to be done online....

The Day use reservations are only for people who are buying a one day pass, if you are a yearly card holder you only need follow the other rules as posted.

Camping is great at the LBJ grasslands tonight

b32c456b3335e90b15a83a26e576e68b.jpg

Back