• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Passing of my Wife

Sad to hear about this RG. It is so hard to know what to say,hang tuff buddy,prayers headed your way. May God bless you with the strength you need during this difficult time.

RG...
Its a sad day...any time we hear of the loss of one of the TWT family..... Lots of really great folks here on this forum...& Im sure your wife Karen was one too.
Positive vibes go out to your family during this tryin time

Rod

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Folks, many of you have met and shared laughs and even meals with Karen and I. She passed from this world today. The cancer she fought for two years took its toll and now her suffering is over. She was my wife and best friend for over 32 years. Facing tomorrow without her is an empty image for me. She brightened any place with her unwavering joy and good humor. If you knew her, think back on a time when she made you smile and be glad we had a time together.
Condolences and prayers for your loss.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I can't even imagine..... You have my prayer and my deepest condolences.

So sorry for your loss. May God comfort you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to hear this, RG, I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. My thoughts are with you, my friend.

I hate to bother RG , but I wonder about any service information or donation to a cause she might of been interested in.

LESSONS LEARNED -

I believe we never can really appreciate just how many good folks are part of our lives until life throws us for a high-side and so many of them step forward and stand ready. I had no understanding of how those around us can provide a moderating element into harsh circumstances by just knowing they are there and they care. Folks, this is another of those instances when words seem wholly inadequate for expressing thanks and gratitude. But, that's what we have to work with. Just please understand that you people filled a huge roll in my ability to persevere through this. There are still some dark nights but rays are piercing through the clouds and it's becoming less of an emotional roller-coaster, now.

I went out to the moto shop the other night for the first time in a while. Just sat there alone in the quiet admiring my three old beat-up machines. The '07 KLR, the 530 and the 300. After a time it occurred to me that what I was feeling then wasn't at all about the motorcycles but rather memories of all the many folks who've shared a trail or bushwacked the backwoods or helped me waste perfectly good gas, rings and rubber on pavement while piloting one of them through the years. Yep, another of those myriad feelings that we as motorcyclist share among us. Some things simply defy verbal expression and within certain groups - requires none. Y'all know what I'm saying. See you out on the trails. :thumb:

LESSONS LEARNED -

I believe we never can really appreciate just how many good folks are part of our lives until life throws us for a high-side and so many of them step forward and stand ready. I had no understanding of how those around us can provide a moderating element into harsh circumstances by just knowing they are there and they care. Folks, this is another of those instances when words seem wholly inadequate for expressing thanks and gratitude. But, that's what we have to work with. Just please understand that you people filled a huge roll in my ability to persevere through this. There are still some dark nights but rays are piercing through the clouds and it's becoming less of an emotional roller-coaster, now.

I went out to the moto shop the other night for the first time in a while. Just sat there alone in the quiet admiring my three old beat-up machines. The '07 KLR, the 530 and the 300. After a time it occurred to me that what I was feeling then wasn't at all about the motorcycles but rather memories of all the many folks who've shared a trail or bushwacked the backwoods or helped me waste perfectly good gas, rings and rubber on pavement while piloting one of them through the years. Yep, another of those myriad feelings that we as motorcyclist share among us. Some things simply defy verbal expression and within certain groups - requires none. Y'all know what I'm saying. See you out on the trails. :thumb:

:tab It's good to hear from you RG. We've been praying for you nightly with the kids since you started this thread. I totally get where you are coming from with the feelings experienced while sitting in the shop looking at the bikes. I get that every time I head out to my garage, even if I am just going in there to find something that isn't bike related. There is just something special about sharing adventures with good friends. It also constantly drives home the reality that we have so little time to spend really getting to know our friends on deeper levels. My dream of heaven, beyond experiencing the indescribable reality of God in ways we can't even begin to imagine now, is that we will have an eternity to spend getting to know people on a truly intimate level which we can never hope to experience here. Of course, it would be cool if that still involved motorcycles somehow :rider:

Thanks for the update. See you on the trail.:thumb:

RG, I'm sorry to just now notice this thread but I am glad you are finally seeing some light through the darkness. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved wife. Elaine and I will pray for your continued healing.

RG you are one awsum man i admire you and cant weght to ride with you again .prayers and god bless TD

LESSONS LEARNED -

Spot on and well said!

LESSONS LEARNED -

Sorry to hear of your loss. Well said.... Hope to see you out on the trail someday as well! If you ever do get around here to Barnwell slide a PM my way.

Folks, many of you have met and shared laughs and even meals with Karen and I. She passed from this world today. The cancer she fought for two years took its toll and now her suffering is over. She was my wife and best friend for over 32 years. Facing tomorrow without her is an empty image for me. She brightened any place with her unwavering joy and good humor. If you knew her, think back on a time when she made you smile and be glad we had a time together.

May God bring you peace and understanding. So sorry for your loss!!

Back