• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Passing of my Wife

RG, so sorry to hear this. You and your loved ones will be in my prayers.

Prayers and Blessings RG, please hang in there, in my thoughts and so sorry for the loss of your life partner.

I know well what you are going through my friend.
Its been 8 yrs since I lost mine . Keep faith in the Lord and he will take care of you.
God bless and keep you.

Greg,

I am very saddened about the loss of your wife. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Peace,

Fred

My favorite stanza from the Book of Common Prayer;

"For all who have died in the communion of your Church, and those whose faith is known to you alone, that, with all the saints, they may have rest in that place where there is no pain or grief, but life eternal, we pray to you, O Lord."

Really sorry to hear this Greg. Don't really know what to say other than I know it's tough losing someone in your immediate family .

Greg, I am very sorry. I did not know her well from the few times we were together, but your love and respect for her was so obvious. So few get to experience such a relationship. Cherish the time you had together.

John

RG.. So Very Sorry to Hear this! Shirley and I both enjoyed the short time we spent there at your house either coming back from or arriving to leave on a trip. It was obvious your home was first and foremost a place of love.
Please know we are thinking of you and your children during this tough time.

Sam & Shirley

RG, I've lost two wives to illness. My last one died in my living room five years ago. Grief is personal and different for everyone. If you would like to get daily email messages about grief and God's help with it, sign on at http://www.griefshare.org/

I know the depth of your loss and will be praying for you.

Last edited:
RG sorry to hear this. I never met your wife, but I do remember a conversation over a cup of coffee where you spoke fondly of her and your children. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

We join with you RG in this season of hopeful sorrow , 1Thessalonians 4:13-18. This is God's promise to you and your wife, have peace of knowing and rest assured in it brother.

We are in shock. So very sorry. We thought the diagnosis was beat and was a non issue .
She was a lovely lady and you complemented each other extremely well. Independent yet always a couple .
We are mourning with you . Stay busy ( I don't know anyone that stays more busy than you) and use the TWT family, we are willing to help in any way needed.

We'll be praying for you and your family .

Kristin & Vinny.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171126-234516.jpg
    Screenshot_20171126-234516.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
Wrapping you in thoughts, so sorry for the empty space left by Karen in your heart and world.

:tab Sarah and I had a fun time visiting a few years ago. She still fondly remembers getting to help her back cookies while I was out zipping around in your truck. None of us truly knows what Heaven will be like, but I hope there's a place for baking cookies to make people happy.

:tab I just got home a few hours ago from spending the weekend helping a friend pack and move his mother in law. She had lived in that home for over 50 years. It was an interesting experience basically sorting out what to keep/pack and what to toss. We found all manner of pictures she'd forgotten about, mementos, letters, trinkets, and just bucket loads of memories from a long time ago. She's in her mid 80's, and still I was struck again by how brief even the longest of lives is in this world. The sense of limited time has just been getting hammered into my consciousness a LOT lately.

:tab I will let Sarah know. She will make sure we don't forget to pray for you every night, just like Jack Giesecke after all these years.

Back