• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Closed for a Bit

Any tips on testing? We're finding it hard to come by and expensive.
Huh. They can't seem to give them away fast enough in Houston and Harris County. I don't know exactly which test they are administering (true covid tests, not just anti-body tests) but they will even give it to a person with zero symptoms.

Huh. They can't seem to give them away fast enough in Houston and Harris County. I don't know exactly which test they are administering (true covid tests, not just anti-body tests) but they will even give it to a person with zero symptoms.
Yeah, that's what we were thinking as well until we actually started looking and calling around for one in our county. Might just be bad timing going into the holiday weekend.

My daughter in Idaho said they are paying $400 per session for plasma. You can give twice a week and it’s 1:30 -2 hrs per session. At that price it’s a no brainer.
Her Walmart friends are tripling their income donating plasma.

I’d go for that as well, I’d have the procycle 790 kit for the DR650 in no time 😉

Last edited:
For the record, Jasen, you will have to wait until August for the make out session. I am going to keep all folks away from the scootershop until then to ensure I am disease free. I am also going to probably use distancing and masks in the shop if folks come by. I want to ensure I am not spreading any of this stuff around.

For the record, Jasen, you will have to wait until August for the make out session. I am going to keep all folks away from the scootershop until then to ensure I am disease free. I am also going to probably use distancing and masks in the shop if folks come by. I want to ensure I am not spreading any of this stuff around.
I commend you on your precautions. Glad to hear you and your wife are feeling better and believe this stuff leaves and never returns, for all of us.

Like others, happy to hear y'all are doing better. I hope others listen and also take better precautions. I canceled a pre-surgery test in the Houston med ctr today due to the huge spike there. Need some surgery but I am just afraid to get in that environment currently. Good luck to everyone!

So I am feeling better, made a whole day without a nap! Not that I usually do that, but maybe we are about done with this. Still waiting on smell and taste to return. I am able to smell really potent stuff, but generally not much. You can spray brake cleaner at my face and I can't smell it. Taste is the same. I find it a bit annoying because I might as well eat mush for all the pleasure I get out of it. The good news is I am down about 16 pounds on my weight loss. Just dropped my intake a bit and stopped having whole pizzas. Seems to be helping. My blood sugar has been high (as it usually is when one is ill) and is now returning to normal for fasting. I think this is the best indication that I am about done with this mess.

I am pretty sure we were lucky in that it wasn't too severe, but it has been a long 10-12 days of being sick, so be careful out there. The best way to avoid it is still common sense, wash hands, social distance. I will wear a mask, but I think the first two will get her done. I violated social distancing and sickened myself and my wife. It wasn't worth it. Of course, now we have had it so I guess we are better off at the end of the day.

Motorcycle riding should be ok, I plan to start some of that this coming weekend. We shall see.

Of course, now we have had it so I guess we are better off at the end of the day.
Has it been shown that once you've had it you won't get it again? I haven't been following the details on that part of it yet. I'm glad you've had a decent recovery.

My wife and I were tested yesterday morning at 10 and had the results by midnight. We're both Mayo patients and they require a negative test prior to any appointments, of which she has two tomorrow. Since I'm her caregiver I have to attend the appointments with her.

They had a queuing line set up for the cars, probably long enough to accommodate a hundred cars or more, but there were only about 15 cars ahead of us when we arrived and the line moved fast enough that we were out of there within 30 minutes.

They gathered your information at the first tent and put you into the system, and by the time you got to the second tent they had the test vial already labeled with your info. A confirmation of who you are, a quick 5 second swab as they scoured the back of your skull, and then we were on our way. I feel sorry (and thankful) for those healthcare workers as it was 111-112 yesterday.

IMG_20200706_095300.jpg

I do not think it has been proven that you gain immunity after having this disease. Nor if you do have immunity how long it lasts.

Super glad y'all are feeling better.

My wife and I were tested yesterday morning at 10 and had the results by midnight.
That's just amazing. My nephew is a cop, got covid in the line of duty. He's been in isolation for 3 weeks now and keeps testing positive. His tests take 4 or 5 days to get results.

That's just amazing. My nephew is a cop, got covid in the line of duty. He's been in isolation for 3 weeks now and keeps testing positive. His tests take 4 or 5 days to get results.
That's the difference between union and regular people.

I have no information on that. I am presuming that since I got better, my immune system won the battle. Is that incorrect? I don't know of anyone who has had it twice, I guess I could do an anti-body test. Obviously if we get it again that would suck. No firm information on that yet.

I think, like the flu and pneumonia, there are more than one version of this stuff going around.
So if you have one and get over it, you can catch another version.
It would explain why there is so wide a reaction from very mild to very bad, more than one version.

And here you go Mitch.
https://thetoastykitchen.com/best-ever-philly-cheesesteak/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The wife and I have not been tested. Been around some folks who have tested positive and some who have had it pretty tough. We aren't going to test until we have reason too, unless there is some kind of mandate. All of you have such a great positive sense of humor it makes life that much better.
Wellness and happiness to all.

That's the difference between union and regular people.

My wife's first test took 5 days to get a result. They said they screwed it up and to come in for another. 5 days later she got that negative test result, so we both went back to work. A month later she got another notice in the mail from the test place saying that her negative may have been false. We had both been back to normal schedules for awhile and never had any symptoms, so we ignored that notice. Makes me doubt most of the test results being reported.

My son is a "regular people" and it took 3-4 weeks to get his results. What's the point if it takes that long?
I was just taking a jab at union workers milking the system. Being from up north originally, I learned to detest the unions for their entitled attitudes.

Back