• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Never a Dull Moment

Geez I was really missing a political statement in this post, and instead found a bunch of folks doing what we should all do .. have fun and help each other. gotta love it...

I’m not sure who looks more alike the Super Dukes or you and Diana. You can’t deny her or her you. I think it is awesome to share motorcycles with your kids.

Tomorrow we trade Strom for KTM SMR. Woo Hoo!

hey! did you guys know there is a harbor freight going in right up the road in Cleburne? in the old Nolan river mall!

Hey Doug not sure who the new owner of the Strom is but let them know that I might be interested in one of those seats if they don't like or don't want both of them. I have never found a seat that I really like for my Strom.

So the pics, I was having an "update" issue between Norton/Windows/Chrome and Microsoft Edge that closed file explorer whenever I opened it. Now I got it sorted, got the pics where I want them and so here they are. No riding pics.

I might mention that this was the first time we got together since Donna and I got sick. So about 6 weeks. We haven't gone that long without seeing each other in forever. I missed my baby a lot and it was great to get to hug her and tell her I love her. Plus I did a monster wheelie on my way out onto the road. Loves me some Super Dukes.

Old signals are tough to keep alive, I had some new ones and installed them before Diana got there.

View attachment 270666

Ready to rumble.

View attachment 270665

Somebody had a great ride!

View attachment 270667

Pee Paw enjoyed hanging with his baby girl, it was a great day!

View attachment 270668

Somebody really missed her Daddy and her Super Duke rides!

View attachment 270664
TWINS!

Got the SMR home, a little cleaning, a little trouble shooting and I expect to start her up tomorrow. Notice 4 KTMs in the picture....

So.... I got started on the fuel leak and started her up. She was running smoothly and was amazingly quiet. The Donna comes in and points out the place REEKS of gasoline. So I shut it off and saw the airbox had about 1/4 in of fuel in it. Opened the shop doors and ventilated the place. Turns out the fuel leak is on the front carb at the inlet elbow. Should be easy to fix. Here is a link to the video....Clickety Click Click. Please ignore the breathing, I am old and fat and stuff.....

I was surprise dhow clean the carbs were inside. I took out all the jets and recorded them for posterity. I have a few million in parts ordered, so this should take a week or so to get all sorted. Meantime I can clean....

Those LC8s really get the heart racing. Such amazing machines!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

So.... I got started on the fuel leak and started her up ....
I was surprise how clean the carbs were inside ...

Ah, the wonders of proper diet (Premium Unleaded ethanol free gas) and exercise (Waller and Montgomery county twisties).

I am waiting on a big pile of parts. So today I put Yoshimura LED signal lights on the newest Super Duke. I took off all of the new lights I had on it to install on the SMR. I am slowly grinding away at my pile of to do's on the SMR. Yesterday I did a canisterectomy and removed the SAS components. Waiting for block off plates and some hose to finish it up. I am replacing all the rubber parts in the fuel system. I also got a new fuel pump coming and I will have a spare now. I need to get in and aggressively clean the engine while it is accessible. Debating whether to check the valves or not. Very tough choice for me, I mean I already have her disassembled so why not. Mitch wants one to practice on so maybe.

Earlier, my daughter came by for a quick 60 mile ride. Only 2 dogs, a dead copperhead and a roadrunner made it eventful. So nice riding with her. She likes the remap of her Super Duke (same as mine) but it does expose the abrupt throttle when it is running right. So she had to learn that on the fly so she was a bit over careful. Also since she has 2 tickets recently I couldn't get her anywhere near to speeding. Nice pace had fun, riding with my baby girl is always great.

All in, this was close to a perfect day at Pee Paw's Scooter Shop. Of course, a buddy came by the other day and we drank all the Shiner Bock, so there's that.

Riding with your Babygirl is always good. My baby who rides is in Idaho so our rides are few and far apart

Yep, we used to ride together a lot. Then she went to college, got married, babies, jobs, lots of life stuff and needing to rest in between got in the way. She has made 2 rides lately. I think it is getting a second Super Duke that drew her in. They are just perfect motorcycles. This new SMR should really be fun as well, just waiting for the parts to hit the house then off we go.

Started riding with her on the back all those years ago when she was about 8 and she has had 3 motorcycles. Of course now I guess she has as many as I do since she can ride them whenever she wants. But living an hour and a half away has it's challenges. I think I need to trailer them over to her from time to time so she can ride more. We shall see, always will be fun though.

Started riding with her on the back all those years ago when she was about 8 and she has had 3 motorcycles. Of course now I guess she has as many as I do since she can ride them whenever she wants. But living an hour and a half away has it's challenges. I think I need to trailer them over to her from time to time so she can ride more. We shall see, always will be fun though.

How'd you significant other take having her baby girl on a motorcycle? I fear that's a conversation that's going to get real around my place soon as the middle girl is starting to show intrest....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Two Wheeled Texans... Continuing to condemning the children to a 2 wheeled addiction

OldTLS... How were you Introduced to riding motorcycles? Were you coerced ( :lol2: ) or did you come by it naturally?

More non-dull moments ....

Swapping 950 SMR signal lights with 990 Super Duke signals.

The power supply spade connector was significantly larger on the SD lights. So cut, strip, solder, shrink, fit and test.

Job done.

f5cca1fd0c58adcea834a274460706af.jpg
2b7d0bed18a3a69c0551a6701ab8dfb5.jpg
a70be97d829198a929357f6d6ac8e496.jpg
5f2ca15d99f3932e411874f1f8964541.jpg
98b161943e99ed3e09d8598bc851f159.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Two Wheeled Texans... Continuing to condemning the children to a 2 wheeled addiction

OldTLS... How were you Introduced to riding motorcycles? Were you coerced ( :lol2: ) or did you come by it naturally?

I was standing in the driveway in 1964 when I was 5 or 6 and a CB160 with a straight pipe drove by, I knew I had to have me one of them.

BTW 10 points for spotting the new cut on my head from last nights meeting with the open cabinet door.

Quick poll ... would you go through a similar swap with perfectly good FRONT signal lights? Or leave them be till necessary?

d1e4634e42aa9a0e93889b79d189c190.jpg

Need to change your moniker from oldtlsdoug to OCDtlsdoug

Hmm.... with some fiddling, discovered the positive terminal in the reflector is removable.

Removed the fatty term and replaced it with the skinny.

f5c28c2dcf3a61388594286fdc06d33a.jpg
7c9603e4cdf805c944a05c0363a8f412.jpg
ceadb091c1ef345602ea26aedfdef0af.jpg
f5507f764dd07bb3e186da4c2dd98e7a.jpg
b153af5ef846aae09d793c2ae47c30bb.jpg
1b9cdb2194c15583a4a293f199a37edb.jpg
83f813ccced240797a9bd845556f529a.jpg

Back