• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Never a Dull Moment

Did he mention that he did all that for free? We got to roam around Sarah's place and it was awesome. Lots of history up there. Plus the best view in Somervell county. The gas was a great deal, thanks Mitch. All for the price of a Quesadilla Burger at the Big Cup. Life is good in the scooter shop. The most important thing that Mitch left out was that I found my screw shooter.

Didn't have coffee it was supper. Usually pretty good, better at my place. I drink Black Rifle Coffee Company Just Black.

Today we changed oil in my Step Daughter Seraphie's Escape. Did I mention she is red headed? That is one of the easiest oil changes on the planet, especially with a lift. I also put a new batter in the Miata it was down to 2.20 VDC so it was due. Also it was under warranty and I got the new one for free. Got so visitors coming by tomorrow, so there was a little straightening up going on.

Colorite and I are still at odds with the primer they sent me. Still blowing little hunks into the paint. So they are sending one more, then I call calf rope and move forward. Hopefully it will be better.

I will have some grandbaby fun tomorrow so all is well in PPSS.

Had visitors to PPSS yesterday, a great time was had by all!

When you are teething, a cold hard bottle is your best buddy. Yes I cleaned the bottle before I let the baby chew it.

Left to right, Trey, Diana, Jake, Me, Carmen, Donna and Seraphie. This is a crazy bunch of smart people.

My visitors Barb, Me, Carmen and Sissy. The one on the right is a little crazy but we still love her.

Left to right, Trey, Diana, Jake, Me, Carmen, Donna and Seraphie. This is a crazy bunch of smart people.
Mathematically it's almost impossible to calculate how much the old guy in the center brings down the average IQ in this photo.

Colorite and I are still at odds with the primer they sent me. Still blowing little hunks into the paint. So they are sending one more, then I call calf rope and move forward. Hopefully it will be better.
For color coat, I can understand you are at the mercy of Colorite, but I wouldn't waste your money and time on their primers. I've shot autopaint since the early '90s. Epoxy primer/sealer and urethane primer/surfacer are all you need. Most all auto refinish product lines have them, but I use mostly PPG's DP line of epoxy primers, and their 2K primer surfacers. Easy to shoot, easy to wet sand. Make sure you wear your mask though, cus it's nasty stuff you don't want in your lungs.

I'm still waiting for recon on this quesadilla burger thing. :eat:

Think Jalapeno bacon cheese burger with flour tortillas instead of bread buns.
Comes with tasty waffle fries as well.

Don't forget it has onions and pico. Mitch gets the "light version" And there is Ancho Ranch as well.

So, Wednesday I went to the Dentist, we pulled a tooth, cut out my old bridge and embarked on a new journey to get it all sorted. Lots more of that over the next year or so as we install implants and a "full arch". Needless to say I am still pretty sore, so I was looking for distraction. I got my new batch of primer and it laid down perfectly so I shot the color on the V-Strom panels followed by the clear. It came out looking pretty good. The instructions say the compounding will clear up the look of the clear and I will do that in 4-5 days. Very happy with Color Rite, great products, excellent support. I recommend them. I got a pretty great match, we will see when I get them back on the bike, but they seem pretty good right now.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2991.JPG
    IMG_2991.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2995.JPG
    IMG_2995.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 142
Back