• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #189 - "America the Great" (Entry) - due 7/19/2017

_72_6756-Edit-XL.jpg

Well, to start with, I'm disappointed. Not in the images submitted, but in the ones that weren't. This was a wide open assignment. All it took was an image that showed what you thought was great about America. It could have been a half eaten cupcake in the kitchen if that's what you think is great. So, rant over. On to the judging.

Both images had good themes. Since I know both the photographers, I know that both of these are family pictures. One military and one family fun, both from the 4th of July. So lots of America there.

However, the fireworks catches my eye best. I like the sharpness of the fireworks and the long exposure caught the action. So Kyle, you are up next. Congratulations.

Photo Assignment #189 - "America the Great" (Entry) - due 7/19/2017

Nice shot, Kyle. Like I said in the other post, this one was super hard for me. Although I'm proud of my fathers service and him being part of the greatest generation, a single individual albeit a family member, still didn't seem to do the topic or Rusty his due.

Thanks for the nice comments. We were supposed to be headed downtown foe the big fireworks show but the kids were having so much fun with their own, we decided to stay and create our own neighborhood show. Got to try a little long exposure. I thought families getting together fit the theme. Had several weeks after to come up with another shot, but as Scott said; it was a tough subject. Thanks for making us think Rusty. I hope to have something up soon for the next one.

Back