• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #193-"Leaves" (Entry) Due 11-27-17

Deco

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Gage
Post your ENTRY for Photo Assignment #193-"Scary" here.

Closing Date: 11/13/2017 Midnight

Please do not comment in this thread until a winner has been selected. Comments may be deleted without warning.

Re: Photo Assignment #193-"Scary" (Entry) Due 11-13-17

And the winner is ...................

Wow, everyone must have been afraid of this one.

Do y’all want to extend this a week or select a new assignment?

Arg. I should have posted as soon as I had something. I had an image, not awesome, but I took one. Then forgot since I was off camping this weekend.

Let's see what the rest think. I'd say either extend a week or new topic with a short period.

How about a 'quick turn' assignment, like a week? That'll flush out those who really want to participate. Or not. :-)

I had a lot of concepts rolling around in my head for this one. I simply didn't allocate proper planning/time to pull it off.

I was going to take one of the bathroom sink mirror first thing in the morning but forgot. :eek2:

Just didn't see anything that sparked my interest in the subject matter. Saw many decorated places but nothing scary related to the holiday. Maybe try another subject matter?

I guess I can comment on this pix since the contest is over. ;-) What's scared me about this is " Am I gonna remember how to put it back together? "
IMG_0968-1.jpg

Okay, we'll extend the contest until Monday the 27th. Since the theme was "Scary" was pretty much related to Halloween, that has past. I will change the assignment to "Leaves".

Everybody kind find them; so no excuses.

Leaves on a tree, Leaves in a pile, Leaves on a stick or even a single leaf.

Please make use things like color, texture and/or shape.

Please do not leaf without submitting an entry :rofl:

I'll ask the Mods to adjust the thread title as they see fit.

4wPS2Zqicd6FIPMeRiFVOPfz5P8iSjH-q3ROnW4MtfbVV_OqGr4Fzothz4mF_lg-iJGgNNHsZnlQcBsXCc=w1600-h900-no.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Photo Assignment #193-"Leaves" (Entry) Due 11-13-17

Reminder, no comments until after judging. Above is the first entry.

Re: Photo Assignment #193-"Leaves" (Entry) Due 11-13-17

68f6ffdfcb542b2e42728a75b4c173ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for all the entries. I see a tough choice coming.

I'll post up the winner this evening.

These are all good. I liked Kory and Rusty backlit leaves. I was attracted to Rusty's background, and the detail in Kory's image.

But I have to go with Tracker. I kept coming back to his image. I really like the bitsof color among the gray chaos. Very nice.

All the images had good color and texture.

Thanks for playing.

Tracker; your up!

Thanks. If you haven't done it in awhile, you should go stroll back through the winner thread listing. There are some amazing shot winners. I got lucky.

If it's OK with everybody, can we make the deadline Dec 18? I've got a heavy travel/work schedule that week before.

Assignment: Toy Story
This is open to very broad interpretation. Points for creativity of concept and "story", but image quality, comp, etc. still needs to be there.

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between now and midnight/2400, Dec 18, 2017

Congrats, Tracker! Well done! :thumb:

I'm good with the proposed deadline on the new one.

Back