• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #194 - "Toy Story" (Assignment)

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
I'm posting this for Gary, aka: Tracker....

Assignment: Toy Story
This is open to very broad interpretation. Points for creativity of concept and "story", but image quality, comp, etc. still needs to be there.

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between now and midnight/2400, Dec 18, 2017

straight forward interpretations
J698mD7qD2A8P8Q-5EoaPps6Powuwi0cmN2HQhMvkALqcqHPIIM6xtGPcd-HxnR3bsndx_s_j9u17d-N5DQ=w635-h637-no.jpg

92LVtADcEj1qCp0Gdpermhhrqrfybv4KN9SJhJGY699f92A29vDRuU7hTb-UxFZ0QmhIgIiOcRlr9DQzy5dH7ICI=s637-no.jpg

Today at the War Vette Home in Jennings. Toys galore. Or at least my idea of toys.
_MG_3231-1_1280_x_1024.jpg

Attachments

• _MG_3231-1_1280_x_1024.jpg
    _MG_3231-1_1280_x_1024.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 251
Gosh, I haven't done one of these in a long time so maybe I need to.

You do. Show us some toys. Tell us a story.

Heck, I remember before when we would have about 20 entries. Believe it got too techco and run many off.

Not too late to join in. Paint us a picture of a thousand words. :)
Merry Christmas!

Heck, I remember before when we would have about 20 entries. Believe it got too techco and run many off.

We've seen an ebb and flow over the years, yet the regulars still stick their head in (but don't always submit) - you included. I don't believe it's too 'techno' as you imply. In fact, that was sort of the objective from the beginning - to challenge everyone into learning all those buttons, learning the craft and going outside your comfort zone to create some amazing stuff rather than just a snapshot. We're all at different skill and knowledge levels and that's what's sort of cool about the whole thing.

Heck - there's been times where some of us have really spent a lot of time working a single image to get what we thought was the "one" only to be not selected for that round. Doesn't mean we quit trying to create better images.... just means that all the techno stuff you can toss at something (camera setup/lighting/angles/post processing) doesn't mean a hill of beans if the shot at it's very basic level doesn't tell the story of the assignment.

I'm convinced we have all grown over the years in this craft as well as provided information for those sitting on the sidelines who don't participate. That's pretty cool in and of itself I think.

Back