• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #195 - "Reflexions" ENTRY 01/08/2018

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Post your ENTRY for Photo Assignment #195 - "Reflexions" here.

Closing Date: 01/08/2018 Midnight

Please do not comment in this thread until a winner has been selected. Comments may be deleted without warning.

i-J4DzR52-XL.jpg

Looks like only 2 showed up for the party. But , they are two great shots.
Love the lonely tree standing guard over the little group of ducks. Like the lack of anything but old dunes behind and the tattered reflexions on the water due to wind currents. Great shot.

But, in studying both for several minutes I keep going back to the awesome detail of the Swiming Duck. Even the reflexion has more detail than I lot of pictures I see. So the Swiming Duck get the nod for the win this time. I would love to know the camera settings for this shot.

But again, both were great shots.

Thank you, Andy.

This was a fun assignment and I had lots of material to choose from. Coincidentally, Rusty had the same material for the most part so it was a question of 'who posted what' I believe. I have a similar shot of that same tree, yet I opted for the duck. Rusty did that tree justice for sure. The skim ice was cool to see in that it formed overnight and was mostly gone the next day only to reform that night. And the scene looked exactly like his image. It was that pretty out there.

The duck was a good subject. Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth. And every time he went left to right, the sun was perfect on him coming from his 5 o-clock position. Waiting for his head to turn towards me was the hardest challenge in this one to get the sun the way I wanted it on his head.

CAMERA Nikon NIKON D4S
LENS AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED II
ISO 720
FOCAL LENGTH 400.0 mm (400.0 mm in 35mm)
APERTURE f/6.7
EXPOSURE TIME 0.00067s (1/1500)
NAME DSC_0674.jpg
SIZE 2557 x 1702
FILE SIZE 2.95 MB
DATE TAKEN 2017-12-27 12:35:39

I'll have a new assignment up hopefully this evening.

I like how the refection shows more of the bottom of the duck's bill. Reflections or reflections. Great job by both talented photographers :clap:

Back