• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Tech day 2/27 9am-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFW_Warrior

Hmmmm.....
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
I'll be bringing pretty much everything I can fit onto the bike. So I should have a few flashes, triggers, stands, umbrella, and any other odds and ends I can think of.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
If the BBT gets here on time, I'll be bringing a new toy... :trust:

I haven't decided if I am driving the truck or riding the bike. Even if the weather is nice, the rear TKC 80 on my GS is down to the wear bar... Also, if we do head into town at night, I'd have another vehicle that can haul five people.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
I just had a thought. I don't know if everyone's cameras have the Auto Focus Fine Tune features, but we could show people how to do that with their lenses.

Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Fry
Scott is going to talk about shooting sports/action. Anybody got someone who will run laps around my cul-de-sac as a model?
It's looking like I should be available until about 3:30 Sat, then probably after 7:30. Depending on when you want to do action, I could bring my MTB and we could run down to some trails at Brushy Creek; there are some decent trail features between Olson Meadows Park and Champion, just a quick drive from your house... not as convenient as someone running in circles in your cul-de-sac, but a bit more interesting. There's also some really interesting terrain and features on Brushy on the other side of Parmer, but that might be getting a tad ambitious time-wise...

I'm hoping Scott and Casey will tell us about shooting in the evening/downtown/buildings sort of stuff.
Depending on how late others are willing to wait, I should be able to get away again after 7:30 pm... I'll miss twilight though... or they can go down with Scott to catch twilight (around 6:30-7:30 right now) and I'll catch up after...

Reaction score
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Burleson
Hope everyone has a blast this weekend. I really wish I could make it, but as soon as I saw the date I knew it was on rodeo cook-off weekend combined with a concert we are going to on Saturday night. My bummer-meter is being pegged not being able to make it. :tears:

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Anything I can bring? I'm on my own tonight.

TM is supposed to hit my house around 5pm. We are doing a field trip to Precision Camera if you want to come. I'm working from home today so I'm already around. Just updating a bunch of documents.

I have veggies and some other snacks for tomorrow. Some limes too, but those are for shooting or creating the sweet elixir of life. Depends on what mood hits me tonight...

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
TM is supposed to hit my house around 5pm. We are doing a field trip to Precision Camera if you want to come. I'm working from home today so I'm already around. Just updating a bunch of documents.

I have veggies and some other snacks for tomorrow. Some limes too, but those are for shooting or creating the sweet elixir of life. Depends on what mood hits me tonight...

By chance I'm meeting a gentleman at 6:15 at the Starbucks a couple of blocks away about a lens. Still trying to figure out dinner after that.

Do you need my three camp chairs for seating?

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Gage
Got some things brewing at work. We'll see what happens, but hope top see ya'll in the afternoon.

Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Pina
Is everything still starting at 9am? I plan to head over as soon as I get my oil changed. Should be about 10:30 or 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Yep. 9am. Show up when you can.

Kyle, we are at Billy's right now if you are still at work.

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
OK. I am pretty much finished my "Intro To Lightroom" presentation... Looking forward to it tomorrow.

i recommend for those wanting to participate in this portion of tomorrows festivities bring your laptop if you have LR on it. If not, no worries as I will have my projector with with and will be demonstrating on a big screen, or you can stand over my shoulder :)

See y'all tomorrow.

Last edited:

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
...and I finished my Intro to Sports & Action Photography presentation a short bit ago. See everyone tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.