• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

photobucket p500 issue/no more free sharing [merged]

jsb223

Reaction score
First Name
jsb223
with the p500 issue my ride reports are gonna be toasted until I can find a new solution.

Any ideas?

I leaning towards web hosting my own domain.

:eek2:

view

Last edited:
Re: photobucket p500 issue

I'd just use google photos.. Photo suckit has made it so that many issues are arising.. I saw on the HawkGT forum someone complaining about lost links on all their forums. I think PB is trying to charge for hosting now or something...
If you are not familiar with how to link a photo from google photos you simply click on the photo and embiggen it then right click on it and select the copy image address option, then paste that in the HTML link that the forum tends to look for when you clock on the photo icon...

AT least that is how I do it with google chrome as the browser...;-)

lCeD7XjfjR1LpOIkynu9lQwSTZRIRfZLGjGRDxTtMzJcgrWCynafDrcQZd8NDkwSob35ajo469mAx_b16c=w1268-h951-no.jpg

Last edited:

I'd just use google photos..

For some reason I can't get that to work from my Google Drive.

It's say anyone can see t with the link provided.

But it looks like so...

view

I couldn't say to be fair, I never use Google drive. I use dropbox for syncing files and stuff, also to offload photos off my phone. Then I use google photos for pictures and they have a nice application you can download that automatically backs up the folders you designate, so I add the dropbox "Camera Uploads" folder to the backup program then about once every couple of weeks or (as needed) I will go in and assign the "backed up" photos to one of my Shared albums in google photos. At that point I can then just right click the photos and its more or less automated. I just have to remember to open dropbox and let it sync occasionally, and since I travel a lot with work I have a routine where when I get home Friday nights I connect to my wifi and let it sync as well as update any of the apps on my tablets and phones.

I'd go for https://www.smugmug.com/

I have my own server since I host TWT, but if I didn't, this is where I would go. Even with my own server, I have been considering using SmugMug just because they have so many great features. It is also very popular with photographers.

I wouldn't argue but any time I see a site where they already have mention of plans then I'm out the door. Also if I have to sign up for a new account then I'm less than pleased to do so. It is the one thing that is convenient about google photos, its all connected to our email account but I guess that could be a bad thing as well, especially if you are light on your passwords and stuff.

My only problem with smugmug, the last time I used it...about two years ago, was how many more clicks it took to get to the IMG link than photobucket. Not a big deal when posting a single picture but it was very annoying trying to compose a ride report. No idea if it's gotten any easier. It's a smidge pricey but I did like it a lot, just not the part already discussed.

I don't know what P500 means, but I walked away from Photobucket recently. When my free account got near 100% full, they locked it and want me to buy a membership so that I can get more features, more memory, and -- oh yeah, my own pictures back. They call that sales; I call it extortion. Or kidnapping, take your choice.

In any case, my old pictures are still viewable on TWT, and I'm done with Photobucket. Took a little practice, but I'm finding that Flickr is pretty easy to use, and is about 10X faster to boot.

Looks like they changed recently and no third party linking allowed on the free account or on the cheapest account. I signed up with smugmug and am updating recent posts. Then my blog. Photobucket figured they could keep me by me being too lazy to update but I just got a new project. I don't like to play games so buh bye.

Last edited:

I've been on smugmug for many years. I used PB before that. Recently shut that account down and migrated those images to smugmug, but I didn't bother going back and fixing links. I figured it had been long enough since the last time I used PB.

Google Photos sharing is spotty. RPcraft's post above I can't see the image. Which means something is wrong on the sharing settings. I see that happen a lot. Flickr is now owned by Verizon so it will be interesting to see how they decide to monetize it.

is anyone else having an issue seeing my photo?

I think the issue I was having yesterday was I was still moving some photos around. More of a user issue than a google issue. Just checking my work, yeah and the Hawk is a bit of a work in progress. I was going one direction and decided to go back somewhat stock, and I have another Hawk that I am going to swap all the go fast and lightened parts on to, lol.

I can see it, but you embiggenned it too much.

It fits my browser page fine and I don't have a super size monitor, nor do I keep my browser full screen. What are you viewing it on? I know the original photo is a larger format but I thought the TWT site auto scaled photos?

I am pretty sure phones are always going to test the limit when it comes to displaying something the size of an actual monitor...

Looks like they changed recently and no third party linking allowed on the free account or on the cheapest account. I signed up with smugmug and am updating recent posts. Then my blog. Photobucket figured they could keep me by me being too lazy to update but I just got a new project. I don't like to play games so buh bye.

Hmmmm... I guess I need to go check on mine. I was linking photos from there just a few days ago and they were working. Maybe it is time for me to change as well.

Edit to add: I just checked my for sale ad, and the photos are still there. Is is only with newly added photos?

Last edited:

Don't know, maybe your account hasn't been affected yet or the images are cached. My images stopped working here and elsewhere and when I went to photobucket's site they have a big banner with terms of service change listed. Included in there is this...

Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Before you go sign up for a paid account with them, notice that even upgrading to their 50 plan doesn't allow linking, you have to go to the 100 plan to get that.

Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

I'd just use google photos.. Photo suckit has made it so that many issues are arising.. I saw on the HawkGT forum someone complaining about lost links on all their forums. I think PB is trying to charge for hosting now or something...
If you are not familiar with how to link a photo from google photos you simply click on the photo and embiggen it then right click on it and select the copy image address option, then paste that in the HTML link that the forum tends to look for when you clock on the photo icon...

Hmmmm, that seems to work well for me as well. Looks like this might be the way to go in the future.

g0LPW1xoBoVnjpgCT0uWSlAAIJPTyLnrBuYgrQhaWCpyrFTyvvScKyBKcgC1IrkTHIpdO9oQFvTaaUJU63bKSMuEzDwCA4LnIQQotkXU9ZmAWAWwGVLojnoA31NYKXWChc9NPa4Ccq-rsMj5RPhJXR9EOVmsrZAE41u448Z6En-SIY-yXBIXVMQoZDPadRkGkghVKfL8xvXtgsK3a45AqrZLpetpi75AGiNLq7U22cykAo4dBdeGmS12sI5ki-KfvPEClNEpJad0F2Rogo8XyECAhOmLEDe_JYrOAhBdXXurjCWOrlPfM0BYL1rAFviCQTkYD-cMhx5FC7rHs6iqn4CdRvtp0bwNXxMhW1Dl7tfsqUegdM0XnHxFtE-V-ZPkfEMDviQYGpTRdP1lKrhp8iyk7GX5tzsnCKDgjV44q9yMSkCMYLzcRM66AfNlpaRF27MmfdtQOEglve1l6aeDx7XFW4Qlui9TwmjpdN-NV6bt1g6XQ8AIZZ4u_9jJyvEG3aH6iWiqDTvQgR05MeJiM845E7LqRz4-DAuyFeA6koXCQxB7-BxLc3wHN5obuKJWxCCzd3K3a35L6U-yZ7L8usfw5TGaa_uOkTz80nBFvn2JjiLd4qE=w1266-h949-no

Back