• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Picked up three more...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
courthouses that is. Gives me 98 of 254.

Reshot Edwards
Edwards1-XL.jpg

Picked up Irion
Irion-XL.jpg

Schleicher
Schleicher-XL.jpg

And Tom Green
TomGreen-XL.jpg

Here's where my 'map' stands as of today. Just ran out of daylight for Coke, Runnels, Concho and Menard while out the other day.
%21CountyMap%20copy-XL.jpg

When you hit the pie run in Cool you'll be close (10-15 miles) to the Parker county courthouse. Another 25 or 30 north will put you in Decatur for the Wise county courthouse.:rider:

Flint will put you in Smith County. You could knock out a chunk of NE Texas.

Hasn't Janet done them all? Who else has finished the project with their motorcycle in every shot?

do you have to get all of the court houses in a county , the current one in use or does it matter?
Johnson has three existing court houses.

they are doing restoration work on the Tarrant one so it is kind of difficult to get a good straight shot. it is very busy with heavy traffic during the week but early on Sundays it is quiet and the rising sun lights it up interestingly.

Hasn't Janet done them all? Who else has finished the project with their motorcycle in every shot?

I think she has. :scratch: Chuck must be very close if he hasn't completed it.

man I wish I had taken my own pictures, I was with Chuck for a bunch of them including some way out west.:doh:

Last edited:

man I wish I had taken my own pictures, I was with Chuck for a bunch of them including some way out west.:doh:

So use Chucks pics if YOUR bike is in them!

I'm not too picky on which one I try to grab. I'll skip the annexes and go for the main one in use. Former courthouses I may shoot if in the same town, but don't worry too much about it. I know I've shot a few under re-construction/refurbish and they have since been completed but haven't worried about a re-shoot. That's the way it was when I was there. :deal:

I have a friend that did every county in TX in one weekend! He's an animal and I think his butt is really made of iron.

I have a friend that did every county in TX in one weekend! He's an animal and I think his butt is really made of iron.

Hmmm..... the sheer volume of miles required to do this seems like that's not possible in two days/48 hours. :ponder: If you could do one every 30 minutes that alone would take 127 hours or 5.3 24hr days non-stop. Depending on how you run them, it's on average 30-45 miles between each one

So use Chucks pics if YOUR bike is in them!

Yes, Janet has them all. I have less than a 100 to go (165) but will probably never complete it. :(

Leon, I will look through all my photos that we did during Pie Runs and get you the ones with your bike (several different I think) in them.

Hmmm..... the sheer volume of miles required to do this seems like that's not possible in two days/48 hours. :ponder: If you could do one every 30 minutes that alone would take 127 hours or 5.3 24hr days non-stop. Depending on how you run them, it's on average 30-45 miles between each one

yeah, I don't see how that is possible. A month I would believe and that would be quite a trick in itself.

For example, Leon and I returned from Amarillo and hit 11 (IIRC) courthouses on the way home - that took 10 hours in itself.

a express loop around Texas could be done in 40 hrs,(very tempted to try it) every county in 48 hrs not possible.

I knew I should have checked before posting.:doh: He said "most" in four days, but knowing him he probably didn't stop for anything except gas in that 96 hours. I know he spent a lot more time than that planning the route to hit as many counties as possible in the least amount of time.

I'm missing about 65 at the moment. Gonna check back when I pull out the map at the house. Most of what I need is all up in the panhandle. Its about 2500 miles to do these remaining courthouses in one shot. 3-4 at about 600-700 miles a day should do it. I'm trying to finish by next Labor Day or so.

Yes, I have them all and it was al whole lot of miles. A lot of mileage is taken up just getting to your hunting grounds.
I wouldnt want to do it in one weekend or even one month. It was about the riding and the destinations for me.
I have some old ride reports on here somewhere from different trips.

Finish in the truck, Chuck.

Just getting started. Got 6 today in 342 miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm at 125, waiting for cooler weather to get about 12 more.
Doing the pan handle is not good in July, but I did get 20 new ones.
Phil

Here are the ones I've picked up while riding for farm roads. Once we're done with that game, I'll get serious about finishing up the courthouses. I'm not sure how I managed to live in San Antonio for 25 years and not get Bexar county!

County%20Courthouse%20Map_zpsluu4bkty.jpg

Back