• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pickles Gap Cycle Shack

BrianR

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Reynolds
I know where there is a great little dealer and shop with a great BBQ joint next door. Full disclosure, this isn’t in Texas. Pickles Gap Cycle Shack is just north of Benton, AR in Conway. Since I know a lot of Texas riders like to head to AR, it seems good to give a shout out to a great shop

I was on my first morning of my first cross country adventure and hit a chunk of concrete debris on I-30 in Benton. Short version of a long story is that there are jo Triumph dealers anywhere near Little Rock or Benton, AR and replacing a wheel was going to be impossible. I thought my trip was over.

Luckily, I was introduced to Pickles Gap Cycle Shack and discovered how good it is to find riders running a shop. They went above and beyond expectations, provided fantastic service, billed insurance, and had me on the road in a few hours. Besides a delay, the day went as good as could be expected thanks to these guys.

Don’t forget the great BBQ next door while your there.

Attachments

• EB93ACCE-22D5-46EC-9FC0-20538665D246.jpeg
    EB93ACCE-22D5-46EC-9FC0-20538665D246.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 58CEACAB-C0CD-449D-9D6D-1CC36840A537.jpeg
    58CEACAB-C0CD-449D-9D6D-1CC36840A537.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 9965DA56-3C02-46B3-8494-5EAA8703DAF9.jpeg
    9965DA56-3C02-46B3-8494-5EAA8703DAF9.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 223
  • EF77E617-DE0E-4E60-A403-EB99D9030B99.jpeg
    EF77E617-DE0E-4E60-A403-EB99D9030B99.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 266
Yep Conway has Pickles Gap to the north of town and Toad Suck to the south of town someone had a good sense of humor naming
towns back then

That is how I used to give directions when I worked in Conway when people asked where we were I would tell them between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck

Did you nearly fall? I guess it lost air instantly, what was your speed? Glad you and bike are ok.

Did they replace it or somehow fix it? that looks bad. But you said no wheel available.

Yep, it appears the OP was very lucky. Regarding Conway, I think it would be a great area to live. Love AR. But I'm afraid it is being "discovered" !

Did you nearly fall? I guess it lost air instantly, what was your speed? Glad you and bike are ok.
Yes, it was wild. Airborn first, then wobbled to inside shoulder as morning rush hour traffic went by to my right. It was about a 65 mph impact with a large chunk of concrete. Guardian angel was looking over me I guess.

Did they replace it or somehow fix it? that looks bad. But you said no wheel available.
The tow company that picked me up, East End Towing, (also excellent) was helping me look for service and their manager saw that Pickles Gap Cycle Shack had a Triumph Trophy on the showroom floor. When I contacted the owner of the shop and explained my situation, we made a deal for the wheel off his bike on the showroom floor. I ordered a replacement wheel from Triumph to be shipped to him from Lexington, KY and his wheel went on my bike to keep me on the road.

Back