• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pictures from the TCCRA race this past weeekend

Reaction score
I was thinking of making it only for the last race, thinking the experts race will be a good show and that since I only wanted to check out my new 15-85 lens that would be enough... but you know how we camera-loving people are, we start thinking about "maybe I can also try this and that" and " i don't want to miss a good shoot " and so on, so I finally found my self shooting all the races, even though I was late for the first one.

I ended up trying the 15-85 IS and was happy with it. I was afraid it'll focus slower then my Sigma 18-50 F2.8 but I actually think it is faster. I also liked the range (I left my 10-20 in the car).

I also played a little with my better beamer flash extender, but I'm still learning.

the last thing I experimented with was my slave flash. I first tried my radio triggers but couldn't make them work (need to check the batteries) and then I used the on camera IR signal to trigger the slave. it worked great and I'm very happy with the results.

last thing - one of the veterans riders told me before the 2nd race (minis/ladies and veterans) that what I want to do is photograph the expert's race because that's where all the "air-time" will be. boy was he wrong - those kids are AWESOME !! they ride like they're not aware of the risks or they just don't care. brave souls and a lot of fun to photograph!

here are a few pictures from each race (sorry if it is too much) the rest are on my website. I uploaded some pictures which I felt the technically were bad just because I figured that the riders in those shoots will be happy to see their pictures even if they are not so good (to say the least)

Race 1:

IMG_5587.JPG

IMG_5692.JPG

IMG_5595.JPG

IMG_5737.JPG

IMG_5738.JPG

Race 2:

IMG_5893.JPG

IMG_5891.JPG

IMG_5962.JPG

The better beamer flash extender helps show the riders eyes
IMG_6063.JPG

race 3:

IMG_6221.JPG

IMG_6230.JPG

IMG_6246.JPG

IMG_6272.JPG

IMG_6323.JPG

IMG_6378.JPG

IMG_6390.JPG

In this picture you can see the slave flash I used in the next pictures to light the riders faces (the flash is on the right , next to the front wheel

IMG_6445.JPG

IMG_6465.JPG

IMG_6473.JPG

IMG_6493.JPG

Hope to see some of you other there someday.

Thanks

mati

I uploaded some pictures which I felt the technically were bad just because I figured that the riders in those shoots will be happy to see their pictures even if they are not so good (to say the least)
:clap:

I can say that I'm always happy to see all the shots the photographer got when I do track days. I may not buy them all but it's good to see them. Sometimes for critique of my riding and sometimes just to see them. If they are looking, even the less than perfect shots will put a smile on their faces.

very nice, you can almost smell and hear the 2-strokes.

Back