• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run I: 15 Year Anniversary in Hico, 01/25/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might make an appearance , won’t be riding the bike I rode to the first one but it’s setting in my garage along with 4 more just like it .

5 day forecasts for various areas:

Abilene - Edited.png

Amarillo - Edited.png

Chandler - Edited.png

El paso - Edited.png

Ft Worth - Edited.png

Hico - Edited.png

Houston - Edited.png

San Antonio - Edited (1).png

Wow! It has been about ten years since the last HICO pie run for me. I remember I rode with Trey (TreyBrad) and Mark (Indominate). The high temperature was about 37 and that was not reached until the end of the day. I was riding my ST1300 on the left at the time and Trey with his trusty Bandit. The water crossing in front was much deeper than it appeared. We had wet feet on the remainder of the trip. I had just learned to ride motorcycles a couple of years before and was unaware that there was such a fantastic invention called "heated gear"...

I might try to make this one.

RB

bikes005-jpg.jpg

I'm heading to bed in a little bit and hope to be on the road about 4 am my time. This is my tracker which won't go live until I start moving. I was going to come in the northern way, but decided to take I-10 to Kerrville and then come north to Hico. Yes, I know about the deer in the area and I've got plenty of time so I won't be hustling too fast after dark.

Free stuff (Pay it forward only)

Not only am I Beemerless Bob but I'm also Bikeless Bob with no plans of having anything with less than 4 wheels. It's been fun, but bikes are in my past. So its time to clear some riding gear from the garage with hopes that there one of you fine folks can use it. One would need to be, shall we say 'hefty' for any of this to fit.

In good condition
- Warm Gear heated gloves, size large (would need a heated gear setup)
- First Gear riding pants, size 48

In fair condition
- Cooling vest (unknown brand), size 2X

Rode hard, put away wet and dirty, but hey, its free
- First Gear riding jacket with liner, size 3X (has vents, but a tad too hot for summer)
- OSI mesh jacket with liner, size 3X

I plan on attending this pie run and will bring this stuff with me. Let me know if you would like any of this. I will be in my new motorcycle called a silver Jeep.

This is pay it forward only. I ask that it not be sold, but if you or someone you know needs it, its yours

Last edited:
Sorry folks, I am out for the day, so many irons in the fire. Be safe and have fun.

I will be heading that way without any of the kids. Hope to arrive by 10:45-11:00am.

Anyone going from Denton area?
I will be leaving Alvord as close to 8AM as possible, going to Decatur, then Hwy 51 to Springtown, around Weatherford, up I-20 to Hwy 281 and on to Hico. Google Maps shows that route at 2 hours and 10 minutes and around 119 miles one way.

I’ve got a bad case of the flu. The only thing I’ll be riding tomorrow is the couch. Really disappointed, this run is looking like a top notch gathering.

And thanks for staying away, not meant in a bad way, no one needs to get sick.

I'LL PROBABLY LEAVE ANDICE ABOUT 9 AM AND HEAD UP 183 IF ANYONE IS GOING THAT WAY.

5 or 6 of us are meeting at the Valero station next to the Dodge dealer in Waco at 8:30 if anyone wants to join us. Hwy 84 and loop 340

Rachel and I will be there hopefully around 10:45am'ish. First Pie Run in a longgggg time for either one of us. I hope I remember what to do. :)

I thought he was leaving in the morning, he is almost there. What a drive from Arizona.

I arrived about 9:30 pm; just under 19 hours from home. Aside from gas stops, 1 breakfast/snooze stop, and one other snooze stop just past the Pecos rest area.

5.5 Hours of sleep Wed night, followed by 3.5 hours of sleep Thursday night (thanks to a snoring spouse). Since I couldn't sleep I got up and hit the road at 0145 AZ time instead of 4 am. I'm ready for some serious shut-eye.

The room in Hico is a dump, but for $45 what can I say. :trust:

The ride from I-10 to Hico sucked majorly. I saw 11 live deer so no telling how many I didn't see; 3 dead deer, 1 dead armadillo, numerous coyote carcasses, and smelled at least 6 skunks. Needless to say, I took my time coming through the forest. And to top it off, they had just mowed all the grass next to the road so that's where most of the deer were.

Anyhow, bed time. See ya all in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back