• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run I: 5 Year Anniversary in Hico, 01/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember, Carl. How is Frankie running?

leekellerking - you might remember me. the only other NightHawk at the August Pie Run. :thumb:
If the overnight is off the table because of cost, I've got a fold-out bed or my brothers RV (if it's still here then). Plenty of room and Granger is just about mid-way from where you are to Hico. Invitation is not dependent on my going...I'd like to go but things do happen.
See if that changes access to a kitchen pass. :miffed: :hack: :nono:

Chuck, put me in the weather dependent "yup" category if you please :eat:

leekellerking said:
I do remember, Carl. How is Frankie running?

Frankie runs fine. Still trying to be a ratbike but she runs good....when I remember to run the float-charger. I keep forgetting the Acewell pulls a little power permanently. Dead battery twice now when I wanted to ride, and one of those killed the battery. :doh:

But we've been back and forth to FtWorth a couple times and we went to the end-of-year Pie run in Crockett. Chilly ride but hey....

Invitations open for you to do with as you will.

I'm in.. I ride every Saturday morning with locals so may have a couple along with me...

What would it take to get Pie Man I back for the big gala? :trust:

Money... :lol2:

Seriously, I was chatting with him the other night and he mentioned that Jen brought up the idea of him attending. Then he checked on airline prices... :shock: So as of now, he will only be there in spirit ;-) However, he is thrilled to know that things are still going well with the Pie Runs.

Anyone remember the original head count? I want to say there were 80+ bikes despite the cold and rainy weather. It would sure be nice to beat that number this time, regardless of the weather :rider:

How much for the ticket? Maybe a donation pool? I've got a bike or two he could ride.

He did not give a number. Shoot him a PM. If he is up for it, I'll happily donate to the cause.

Had planned to go as this would be my first. Then I was reminded by "someone special" :rolleyes:that I'm doing hot dogs for Lone Star. Guess I can't be in both places. mmmmm Pie? Hot Dogs? Hopefully - next time!

Last edited:
i would like to go, but like others from this area, have to wait and see. so i guess that makes me a maybe.

I am changing my answer to a definite "No." We have our Cub Scout Pack's Pinewood Derby on the 30th and I am a den leader and have to be there.

Anybody interested in an early afternoon RTE? Ride to Brunch? Ride to Tea? Something?

Lee

Chuck, you could probably change me to a "probable" and also add Butte to that as well. If I'm going, she's probably going to be on the back.

He did not give a number. Shoot him a PM. If he is up for it, I'll happily donate to the cause.

I am fairly new at this, but I propose a 'collection' to bring the original Pie Man, I think he deserves the recognition for his great work organizing these events in the past, :clap:.

Camilo

I am fairly new at this, but I propose a 'collection' to bring the original Pie Man, I think he deserves the recognition for his great work organizing these events in the past, :clap:.

I would go for this, too! I don't have enough frequent flyer miles or else I would try that route...

----

list updated - see post #1 & make sure it is correct...
(or else I get PMs from shootergal) :eek2:

Count: 25 def + 16 prob = 41, 11 maybes

:rider: :eat: :rider:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back