• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run I: 5 Year Anniversary in Hico, 01/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Cafe handle this amount?!!!
I am planning on a ride that day with two others and thought we would stop in...
but sounds like it might be over stocked with TWT's ...
~150 has got to be maxing out the shop...
make sure we give them a heads up on the count...
Guess that would be 3 / with drive by options... :)
Chuck's got it under control coordinating with the Kafe, but if those that get there early eat fast and talk after then it might go smoother. Overall they will get more than normal business, but we might horn in on the normal local business some.

I know you're a rocket scientist and all, but I am apparently a contradiction: I am on on the Definite list now and still on the Unlikely list, too...

So, I guess that means I'm unlikely definitely coming? :rofl:

Chris, mom told me you were going back to TX for this anniv Pie Run. I had no idea you were behind the pie run concept. That's awesome.

Have an awesome time and talk lots of pics. Talk to you soon. :rider:

T

Texfire

As I was afraid, I've got just too much on my plate this weekend, so I'm going to have to back out. I hope everyone has a wonderful time, have to catch another one after moving madness is over.

Chuck, is there a thread for any of the DFW riders heading South? I'm probably going to just take the most direct way down there, but then take some scenic roads on the way home since it will hopefully be warmer. I just didn't know if anyone else was planning something similar.

"Chuck, is there a thread for any of the DFW riders heading South?"

+1

Anxious to try out my new winter riding gear. I keep checking for a DFW to Hico thread...

wczimmerman

Forum Supporter
Chris, mom told me you were going back to TX for this anniv Pie Run. I had no idea you were behind the pie run concept. That's awesome.

More like: behind the destruction of diets...:lol2:

Keep safe over there, Pete. When you get back, make sure you take part in a Pie Run!

Chuck, is there a thread for any of the DFW riders heading South? I'm probably going to just take the most direct way down there, but then take some scenic roads on the way home since it will hopefully be warmer. I just didn't know if anyone else was planning something similar.
I am headed down from DFW. I am planning to leave at 7:30am from MacArthur and 635 (in Irving, north of DFW airport). I haven't planned any sort of route yet but will do so this week. I'll be glad to meet you somewhere along the way south. -Stephen

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin

:tab Chris did not realize that when you come to me with an idea, there is a good chance I will say, "Cool! Have at it!" I think he was expecting me to take care of it :lol2: At the time, I already had my plate full dealing with a newborn, full time job, and just trying to run this site. So I convinced him to give it a try and he organized the first event at Hico five years ago. It was a huge success despite cold/wet weather and that started off one of the most popular regular events for TWT. When he moved out to the great wet wilderness, we convinced Chuck to step into some big shoes, and he has done a fantastic job with continuing the tradition. Folks sometimes take things like this for granted, but rest assured, it does involve a lot of behind the scenes work and a good measure of dedication to the cause. So for those that make it, please take a moment to give Chris and Chuck a slap on the back or a handshake to let them know how much we appreciate their efforts.

:tab By the way, unless it is insanely windy, I will likely have a white pit tent setup in the parking lot. This is where I will be selling T-shirts, stickers, and will have the door prize drawings. FIND CHUCK to get registered if you want to participate in the drawings.

Is the group that is meeting at Sewards Junction going to take 29 west to 281 or go up 183? I may end up going Hamilton Pool Rd/RR962 to 281 N and try to meet up with ya'll. It cuts about 15 miles off my trip in that early 27º weather before the sun comes up.

Pat

Put me down as a +1 Probable. Since I work weekends, I rarely get to go and this seems like the one to attend.

I think I feel a fever coming on as I type <cough>

:tab By the way, unless it is insanely windy, I will likely have a white pit tent setup in the parking lot. This is where I will be selling T-shirts, stickers, and will have the door prize drawings. FIND CHUCK to get registered if you want to participate in the drawings.
I am expecting a big crowd - I encourage all to be patient and allow folks to migrate in as you are finished. There should be folks outside during all of this.

Right now, the plan is to have the drawing right at noon. Both Scott and I hope to be there between 10 and 10:30 and have some "station" in the parking lot. I'll have some old business cards for you to put your real name & your TWT screen name (most coming will have them). We'll relay the winner's names inside.

In the past, some folks have arrived early, eaten, and then stick around a bit and watch others come in. If you do that, just make sure you enter the drawing - if you are not there when we draw, then we'll find a way to get your prize to you, hopefully by another rider headed your way. I'll publish the names of the winner's and who took what so they can't cheat ya. :-P

Anyway, it will be crowded, but there should be some mass of bikes there!
:rider::eat::rider:

L

lonestarrider

Well I'm out, a major winter storm is going to hit the panhandle Thursday with ice, snow and of course Wind. If the weather -guessers are right we could get 7-14 inches of snow by Friday:giveup:. I'll try and shoot for the next one.

Two definite, whether on the bike is still up in the air. The wife is concerned with taking her first ride in the cold. Also, the kids want to see Chris, might be mad at us if we don't allow them to see him. So if they win out (or the wife cops out) 7 will be in attendance.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
:tab Just as an FYI, showing up in a cage will not result in undue teasing and ridicule. So if you are unsure of riding in the weather, we would still love to have everyone show up, even if you cage it!

:tab Just as an FYI, showing up in a cage will not result in undue teasing and ridicule. So if you are unsure of riding in the weather, we would still love to have everyone show up, even if you cage it!
I'm contemplating that myself. Thought about going to Killeen the night before but don't want to ride the bike in the rain & cold......HUMMMM ..... I need more electrics than just gloves.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
I'm contemplating that myself. Thought about going to Killeen the night before but don't want to ride the bike in the rain & cold......HUMMMM ..... I need more electrics than just gloves.
Well, you should get in touch with Phil and Dave Smith. Phil wants to go but is not wild about riding that far in the early morning cold. Dave is still thinking of riding, but it probably would not be hard to convince them to car pool. You might also touch base with Jack.

Bob Dahringer

Forum Supporter
Yes, please everybody come if you can, by whatever means. :sun:

(FWIW, I showed up at my first Pie Run in my pick-up.......and the weather was very nice that day. :eek2:

My housesitter said she'd stay the weekend if I showed her how to play Uno on XBox Live before I left. I told her such would be no problem. So if anyone sees my profile online this weekend, it may not be me, so mind your manners. :lol2:

Sharon and I are now definite. See you all Saturday morning! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.