• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run I: 5 Year Anniversary in Hico, 01/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this going to work in the morning. The Koffee Kups web site says they can seat 116 but there are more than that saying they will be coming. If more than 116 show up what will be the procedure?

WoodButcher

Admin
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
eat fast and get out to talk and kick tires. hopefully not too much jogging in place to stay warm though. Basically we just need to be considerate and keep moving. If you get there on the early side go in and order so the folks arriving later can get in when you are done.

First Name
Gabe
Well, dang it! Looks like my better half and I are now probables instead of definites.

Gilk51

First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
I guess the door price drawings will have to be done outside then?
Yes but we will relay any winners' names inside. Looks like quite a few items to draw for if Rusty makes it up from Austin (Lone Star BMW was very generous)

Looks like quite a few items to draw for if Rusty makes it up from Austin (Lone Star BMW was very generous)
Maybe I should come in the pickup :lol2: Na, Given my luck I won't even clean the stuff out of the trunk on the scoot. It's about the ride down and meeting all the folks anyway.

For those that do not know, I work in Meridian(20 miles from Hico) I see some are interested in riding county roads around the Gap here in Bosque Co. We got better than 6 inches of rain in most areas here. Most of the low water crossings as of tonight are still running 3 to 5 feet over:giveup: I drove out to the Gap down through the Moshiem area and none of the crossings are passable even in my 4x4 truck!!! MR2mch and I ride these roads with great regularity so feel free to look us up. Also, alot of the roads still have trash from where the water overflowed. FM 2602 has lost pavement in patches for about 2 miles on the Moshiem end. CR4240 has about 2 foot of silt mud across it from the farmers field:eek2: Yall BE CAREFUL OUT THERE:sun:

First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
If any of ya'll are thinkin of riding some of the paved county roads posted on the Google map "Hill Country Dirt Roads Near Austin" on the way back from the Pie Run.....

here's the thread...
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44379
PLEASE NOTE....
THESE COUNTY ROADS CAN HAVE MUD DEBRIS & DOWNED TREE LIMBS on some of them.There are also numerous low water crossings that will have a ton o water flowing right now & YOU CAN NOT GET THRU THEM!!! I posted a lot of these roads so everyone could enjoy them but just make sure you know what they can be like.

If anyone is interested,I can lead a ride down some of the roads that won't have major flooding or mudslides/debris.Please be sure to find me at the meet (TieDye shirts always stand out)

otherwise...Have a fun (if chilly) ride

First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Martinez
Unfortunately, I'm out. I took a Cal2/Physics break today to brew some beer, and still have not made nearly enough progress to be able to afford a day of downtime. These single problems that require me to find four different things before I can get an answer, and take full sheets of paper (and I write tiny), are not my friends. 3 down... 7 more to go (in Physics.. 32 in Cal2... )

blah.

I will not go. 10 hours round trip with this conditions, the wife was not happy with the idea.
Good luck to the braves. Have a safe and great time.

I would have been nice to seen you again Chris.

TWTim

Forum Supporter
BTW, those of you who are bailing out due to the bad weather, put on a motorcycle jacket and drive your cars! :thumb:

First Name
Willem
Last Name
Noteboom
I'm out if I can't borrow the wifes car! **** Wheather! Was looking forward to it! Next time!
Boomer

Last edited:

Texas T

Forum Supporter
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Thorn
I wanted to wish all the brave souls riding in that weather a very safe and enjoyable time. I'm sorry that I couldn't be there for it, but I'm glad that Chris was able to make it down to celebrate the anniversary of what he created.

I'm up and about this morning, it's cold but the roads appear to be dry so I'll be bundling up and heading out to meet the others for the ride down. See the rest of the crazies in Hico.

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
sad to see so many pulling out because it is a bit chilly out. but that leaves more pie for those going!!!! :rider:

I am going in a mesh jacket!! god bless electrics!!!

Gilk51

First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
My cell phone is dead - looks like the car charger shorted it or something. So don't call me! :nana:

Fixin' to run WC over to Ed's and then head to the Minyards....

Gilk51

First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
Gearing up and heading for the MInyards in a minute or so,

28 degrees on the Honda's thermo. Puddles but no ice.

Everyone ride safely! :rider:

See you for pie! :eat:

First Name
Don
Last Name
Davis
Walked the dogs for 45 minutes this morning. (15 less than normal) Carried them home inside my jacket. They got a little cold.

Neighborhood is dangerously icy but not from the weather. Denton water department has some serious leaks. :eek2:

Gearing up to tiptoe out of the neighborhood on the scooter. :rider:
If bad things happen, I'd rather not lose the FJR. :trust:

See ya!!

Status
Not open for further replies.