• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run I: 5 Year Anniversary in Hico, 01/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, probably solo if I am able to go.
699.gif

Beth will be driving the van... Hopefully, she will keep it on the pavement this time :trust:

A six-hour trip means I will probably have to bow out on this one. I got Bikey's speedometer and odometer working, but I'm not sure I could survive 12 hours of riding in one day and I don't think my wife will want me to spend the night away.

Really sad, as this is the 5th anniversary and all.

leekellerking - you might remember me. the only other NightHawk at the August Pie Run. :thumb:
If the overnight is off the table because of cost, I've got a fold-out bed or my brothers RV (if it's still here then). Plenty of room and Granger is just about mid-way from where you are to Hico. Invitation is not dependent on my going...I'd like to go but things do happen.
See if that changes access to a kitchen pass. :miffed: :hack: :nono:

Chuck, put me in the weather dependent "yup" category if you please :eat:

Beth will be driving the van... Hopefully, she will keep it on the pavement this time :trust:

Was that in the ride report? Sounds like a story to be told... :-P

-------

list updated - see post #1 and let me know if I missed you are got you in the wrong category

-------

Count: 17 def + 6 prob = 23, 6 maybes

:rider: :eat: :rider:

Maybe a commerative ride along the same route that you lead on the first one?

I distinctly remember this post:

It may be a little damp on FM 916 just out of Venus due to tree coverage. However, I always take it slow through there anyway.

So, if it's not raining, who's in for the Kidder Tour to Hico? :-D

(that was post #184 in link below, route is in post 179)

Honestly, the DFW folks could/SHOULD do a great ride. Meet up at the gas station at the corner of 67 and 157 (Venus). Then, continue south on 157, then hit twisties pretty much all the way to Hico (except for a short stint through Whitney). This route includes the spectacular FM 1238 from Cranfills Gap to Hwy 6 at Iredell. Then take 6 directly into Hico.

If people are interested in doing a twisty route at a "nice" :twisted: pace, let me know and I'll probably end up going. I'm not interested in taking the slab all the way to Hico. If we met at Venus at 9am with kickstands up, we'd roll into Hico right around 11:30.

Here's the route I have in mind:

From Venus (corner of 67 and 157): Take 157 south
Turn right (west) on FM 916 to Grandview
Continue on 916 to Rio Vista
Turn left (west) on 174
Turn left (south) on FM 933 to Whitney
Turn right on 22 and go over the Whitney Dam
Turn left at Laguna Park on FM 56
Veer right onto FM 708
Turn left on FM 219 into Clifton (gas stop)
Continue on 219 to Cranfills Gap
Turn right on 22 then turn left back onto FM 219
Veer right onto FM 1238
Turn left on Hwy 6 and head to Hico
The route back can vary. I usually reverse the route. I'd be willing to lead the group to Hico (unless someone else wants to)

---

The original "Central Texas Meet and Greet" ride prep thread, for nostalgic purposes!

Oh, reviewing the route, I do remember that Fast Yellow and I got separated from the group die to traffic in Clifton (:loco:) and we ended up on 1602 thru Fairy instead on 1238... :shrug:

Well Chuck since I was at the first one, I guess I should
show at this one. Are you planning the same lovely weather
we had for Pie Run #1:rider:

If it's not snowing or a ice storm tearing the heck outta everything, I should be there.

I'm scheduled to return home from Taiwan late on 29 Jan and will - hopefully find my rebuilt shock waiting for me, so this one is definitely a No-Go for me :-(

Chuck at 23 the count seems awfully low compare to PR#1.:doh:

Come on folks, it's a 5 year anniversary! The weather will be perfect no matter what it is.:trust::mrgreen:

Have you been to a Pie Run yet?

:eek2: I can't believe you asked that! Of course I have! In fact, if I can make this one, it'll be the 1 anniversary of my very FIRST pie run! Hico's Koffee Kup was my first pie run, the first time I dropped my bike in front of more than 1 person, AND my first real group ride! Anyway...yes...I've made a few!
:rider:

I remember that first P.R. and BRRRRRR was it cold. We actually went up the night before & rode in with the Austin group. I'll have to dig out my name tag from that P.R.

Put me down as "probably".

I'm a "depends".

It depends upon whether I win the lottery tonight or not. If I do, you'll see me on a brand new Wing. If you don't see me, I didn't win.

:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back