• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run I: 5 Year Anniversary in Hico, 01/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of adding meeting places to the 1st post? It would make it easier for people to get together to ride down there.

My wife and I will likely make the run to Hico on the 30th, weather not withstanding.

Put me down for a probable with conditions. Should make it though. There is going to be Pie on this Pie Run, right?!?!:eat:

Put me down as a Yes. Trying to get another rider but he is a maybe.

Put me down as a Yes. Trying to get another rider from the Waco area.

probable.

If the weather holds count me in as a probable, i had plans of doing a 2 day ride this week and I'll just add an extra day of riding :rider:, BTW I'll be coming from Livingston. After this I'll head south to the coast and camp out somewhere.

Jim Ervin: Def in

Count me in if no rain is in the forecast! Trying to talk my boys into it also!

I'll be there.

:welcome: to all of you single digit posters! :thumb:

and welcome to the Pie Runs

I expect a LOT of folks (was it the door prizes? :lol2: ), so just beware that it will be a smidge crowded... :eek2:

Any chance of adding meeting places to the 1st post? It would make it easier for people to get together to ride down there.

For the Austin area, I suggest the Seward Junction gas station at around 8:30 am. This is located at the intersection of Highway 29 and 183.

It is around a 130 mile ride depending on which route you take.

BTW, I claim first dibs on the new VFR1200 test ride from the local dealer.

:)

RB

Good idea :thumb: - we have groups from Houston and Austin so far.

then there are maverick riders coming from places like Lubbock and places way south. :rider:

See "How" in post #1...

I am a probable... ironing out the duty doody and working up a small bike route.

Count me in. I'm coming from DFW (right near the airport) and will be happy to coordinate/lead a Dallas group. My thoughts:

1. Meet at Shell Station at 635 & MacArthur (because it's close to my house)
2. Kick Stands Up at 7:30am Jan 30
3. Slab it to Venus, 45 min-1 hour
4. Meet with others in Venus at 9:00am (I saw that in an early post to meet at gas station at 67 and 157 KSU at 9am)
5. Twist our way to Hico for pie.
6. Every man for himself/herself on the way home, but again, I'll be glad to coordinate/lead a group home.

Unless I hear of another more appealing plan for a DFW group this is my plan. I will be the one on the white Goldwing 1800.

Feel free to PM me.

-Stephen

then there are maverick riders coming from places like Lubbock and places way south. :rider:

It's those maverick riders that get goose in trouble! :rofl:

Count me in. I'm coming from DFW (right near the airport) and will be happy to coordinate/lead a Dallas group. My thoughts:

1. Meet at Shell Station at 635 & MacArthur (because it's close to my house)
2. Kick Stands Up at 7:30am Jan 30
3. Slab it to Venus, 45 min-1 hour
4. Meet with others in Venus at 9:00am (I saw that in an early post to meet at gas station at 67 and 157 KSU at 9am)
5. Twist our way to Hico for pie.
6. Every man for himself/herself on the way home, but again, I'll be glad to coordinate/lead a group home.

Unless I hear of another more appealing plan for a DFW group this is my plan. I will be the one on the white Goldwing 1800.

Feel free to PM me.

-Stephen

This works for me, even though I am still a maybe.

Wow... this thing is growing quick! Hopefully if the weather keeps up it'll be one for the record books.

Definite, maybe. An 8 hour hwy ride on my XR400 will be un-fun! May drive and bring wife and kiddo, and if that aint cool with yall, then it aint cool for me to go!;-)

My wife and kids are coming in the Minivan, so feel free to bring yours! :thumb:

There is going to be Pie on this Pie Run, right?!?!:eat:

There will be pie - now there may not be enough! ;-)

I've been given a kitchen pass

I moved you to definite. Lemme know if that is OK...
We gonna switch seats again? ;-)
Oh, and about the name tags... :trust:

May drive and bring wife and kiddo, and if that aint cool with yall, then it aint cool for me to go!;-)

The only thing that ain't cool is for someone to miss it just because they can't ride. :zen:

May have to do pie in shifts.:clap:

We have done that before. If the weather is like it was today, I may see if I can get it to-go and just eat outside! :eat:

---

list laborously updated :eek2: - see post #1 and check your status (some of you make up your own categories :roll: :lol2: )

-------

Count: 65 def + 43 prob = 108, 20 maybes :eek2:

:rider: :eat: :rider:

Last edited:

Hey, Stephen, that route from Venus was from 5 years ago - Judd (Kidder) hasn't agreed to do it again (yet). :trust: Also, the 9:00 depart time from Venus put us into Hico a bit late using that route. I would recommend an 8:30 start if anyone wants to do that.

I'll have a group route posted but I will be going early in order to get there about 10:00ish to make sure folks are entered in the drawings. I will probably leave SW Arlington at 8:00 and do the direct but non-interstate route - 287-917-2280-67-220-6 (maybe 205-2481-220-6 out of Glen Rose). I plan to have a better route home.

I am looking for a group heading out from the Houston area heading up Hwy 6 or 45 that would not mind another bike tagging along.

I will be there w/the "other half". & possibly another couple or two or three... YES there will be PIE.. Last year we ended up being blown off the road & decided to wait for another day. Looking forward to PIE....

Hey, Stephen, that route from Venus was from 5 years ago - Judd (Kidder) hasn't agreed to do it again (yet). :trust: Also, the 9:00 depart time from Venus put us into Hico a bit late using that route. I would recommend an 8:30 start if anyone wants to do that.

I'll have a group route posted but I will be going early in order to get there about 10:00ish to make sure folks are entered in the drawings. I will probably leave SW Arlington at 8:00 and do the direct but non-interstate route - 287-917-2280-67-220-6 (maybe 205-2481-220-6 out of Glen Rose). I plan to have a better route home.

No worries. I'm sure I can find my way down there! I'll post updates to my plans as the 30th gets closer so any who want to join can adjust accordingly! -Stephen

Count me as a "yes" but if the weather is crappy I'll be going by car. Will hook up with the Austin group, have already blogged on that link. See you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back