• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run I: 5 Year Anniversary in Hico, 01/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this going to work in the morning. The Koffee Kups web site says they can seat 116 but there are more than that saying they will be coming. If more than 116 show up what will be the procedure?

eat fast and get out to talk and kick tires. hopefully not too much jogging in place to stay warm though. Basically we just need to be considerate and keep moving. If you get there on the early side go in and order so the folks arriving later can get in when you are done.

Well, dang it! Looks like my better half and I are now probables instead of definites.

I guess the door price drawings will have to be done outside then?

Yes but we will relay any winners' names inside. Looks like quite a few items to draw for if Rusty makes it up from Austin (Lone Star BMW was very generous)

Looks like quite a few items to draw for if Rusty makes it up from Austin (Lone Star BMW was very generous)

Maybe I should come in the pickup :lol2: Na, Given my luck I won't even clean the stuff out of the trunk on the scoot. It's about the ride down and meeting all the folks anyway.

sorry but I have to pull out due to some family matters.

Well, I'm going to bail out on this one. Too icy and wet for this candy-***.:giveup:
I'll try to meet everyone on the next run.:mrgreen:

I am pulling out due to the weather....cold and possible icy roads. See you next time.

For those that do not know, I work in Meridian(20 miles from Hico) I see some are interested in riding county roads around the Gap here in Bosque Co. We got better than 6 inches of rain in most areas here. Most of the low water crossings as of tonight are still running 3 to 5 feet over:giveup: I drove out to the Gap down through the Moshiem area and none of the crossings are passable even in my 4x4 truck!!! MR2mch and I ride these roads with great regularity so feel free to look us up. Also, alot of the roads still have trash from where the water overflowed. FM 2602 has lost pavement in patches for about 2 miles on the Moshiem end. CR4240 has about 2 foot of silt mud across it from the farmers field:eek2: Yall BE CAREFUL OUT THERE:sun:

If any of ya'll are thinkin of riding some of the paved county roads posted on the Google map "Hill Country Dirt Roads Near Austin" on the way back from the Pie Run.....

here's the thread...
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44379
PLEASE NOTE....
THESE COUNTY ROADS CAN HAVE MUD DEBRIS & DOWNED TREE LIMBS on some of them.There are also numerous low water crossings that will have a ton o water flowing right now & YOU CAN NOT GET THRU THEM!!! I posted a lot of these roads so everyone could enjoy them but just make sure you know what they can be like.

If anyone is interested,I can lead a ride down some of the roads that won't have major flooding or mudslides/debris.Please be sure to find me at the meet (TieDye shirts always stand out)

otherwise...Have a fun (if chilly) ride

Unfortunately, I'm out. I took a Cal2/Physics break today to brew some beer, and still have not made nearly enough progress to be able to afford a day of downtime. These single problems that require me to find four different things before I can get an answer, and take full sheets of paper (and I write tiny), are not my friends. 3 down... 7 more to go (in Physics.. 32 in Cal2... )

blah.

Made it safe and sound to the Gilk51 place. I'm glad I packed ALL my winter gear for tomorrow.

I will not go. 10 hours round trip with this conditions, the wife was not happy with the idea.
Good luck to the braves. Have a safe and great time.

I would have been nice to seen you again Chris.

BTW, those of you who are bailing out due to the bad weather, put on a motorcycle jacket and drive your cars! :thumb:

I'm out if I can't borrow the wifes car! **** Wheather! Was looking forward to it! Next time!
Boomer

Last edited:
I wanted to wish all the brave souls riding in that weather a very safe and enjoyable time. I'm sorry that I couldn't be there for it, but I'm glad that Chris was able to make it down to celebrate the anniversary of what he created.

I'm up and about this morning, it's cold but the roads appear to be dry so I'll be bundling up and heading out to meet the others for the ride down. See the rest of the crazies in Hico.

30.1*F here. Almost finished gearing up. See everyone later this morning! :sun:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back